Who Leads the Wine Industry? Nominate the People That Inspire You for WBM's 2020 Wine Industry Leaders
February 04, 2020
Sonoma, Calif.—Wine Business Monthly is looking for those you think have made a recent, significant difference in the North American wine industry to feature in our annual Wine Industry Leaders list in the October 2020 issue.
Who has been brave enough to pave a new path, inspire future generations, pioneer new methods, products or technologies, or has rallied behind causes they believe in? From up-and-comers to lifelong veterans, we’re looking for those that have made advancements within any sector of the wine business.
Nominate those you think have made a difference in the wine industry here: https://forms.gle/FQv7NeJqUzcXSijt6
Be prepared to write a brief testimonial about why you’re nominating this person and what advancements they have made that make them a great fit for WBM’s 2020 Wine Industry Leaders list.
- Leaders must work within the North American wine industry—at wineries, vineyards, consulting firms, associations, educational institutions, retailers, restaurants, supply companies, non-profits, etc.—are eligible.
- However, if someone does not work at a wine-specific company/organization, he/she may still be considered if they have made a contribution that has affected the wine industry.
- The leader must have been influential/made a major contribution in the last year and has the potential to continue to affect the wine industry in the future.
- While most leaders selected will be from North America, Wine Business Monthly will not disqualify someone from another continent if his/her contribution has made a positive impact in the North American wine industry/market.
- Examples of work considered influential (though not an extensive list):
- Development of new winemaking method
- Completion of research that affects how wine is made or sold
- Creating of an organization dedicated to supporting up-and-comers in the industry
- Discovering a new way to market to bring new wine drinkers into the fold
- Invention of a product that simplifies winemaking while increasing wine quality
Please Note: If the person has been on the Wine Business Monthly Wine Industry Leaders list within the last three years, they are not eligible.
See our past leaders lists here:
Submissions close on March 15, 2020
Based on the nominees, Wine Business Monthly will select the Wine Industry Leaders. Those chosen will be featured in our October 2020 issue. The full list will be announced at the Wine Industry Leadership Dinner, held Sept. 15, 2020 at the CIA at Copia. More information about the event can be found at wineindustryfinancial.com.