Kendall-Jackson's Harvest Celebration Announces Culinary and Educational Seminar Lineups
September 18, 2018
Experience the abundance of harvest season, showcasing the best of Sonoma County, at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens’ second annual Harvest Celebration. Join us as we toast the season with this exclusive event that engages all the senses.
Enjoy farm fresh produce straight from our garden, live cooking demonstrations from renowned chefs, unique plates from select local purveyors, dynamic educational seminars – featuring everything from wine blending to truffle hunting; barrel making to mozzarella stretching – outdoor painting sessions, live music, and, of course, exceptional Kendall-Jackson wines!
Benefitting the UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide environmentally sustainable, science-based horticultural information to all of Sonoma County’s population.
Live Cooking Demonstrations and Discussions – Throughout the day, enjoy live cooking demonstrations from renowned chefs, including our very own Executive Chef Justin Wangler and Chef Tracey Shepos Cenami, authors of the upcoming Season cookbook. Chefs Justin and Tracey will be previewing some of their favorite recipes from the cookbook and signing cookbooks at the event. Additional demonstrations will be hosted by local culinary legends, including:
- 12:30 – 1 p.m.: Cooking Demonstration – One Pan Pick-Ups – Join Chef Douglas Keane of Two Birds/One Stone for an interactive demonstration on the importance of mise en place, simple but perfect execution, and how not to stress when you cook at home for yourself or guests.
- 1:45 – 2:15 p.m.: Discussion – Farm to Table Fine Dining – Join Chef Kyle Connaughton and Katina Connaughton of Single Thread, and Kendall-Jackson Culinary Gardener Tucker Taylor as they describe the path on which the farmer and chef meet to create a fine dining experience using the freshest of locally farmed ingredients.
- 3 – 3:30 p.m.: Cooking Demonstration – Season: Wine Country Food, Farming, Family, and Friends – Join Kendall-Jackson Chef Justin Wangler, Chef Tracey Shepos Cenami, Pastry Chef Robert Nieto, and Culinary Gardener Tucker Taylor for a discussion and demonstration featuring two dishes from the newly released cookbook collaboration from this team: Season.
- Educational Seminars – Join our renowned Winemaster Randy Ullom along with Master Sommelier Larry O’Brien for educational wine seminars, including:
- 11:40 – 12:10 p.m.: California Chardonnay Blending Seminar – Kendall-Jackson Winemaker for a Day – Join Randy Ullom, Kendall-Jackson’s beloved winemaker of 25 years for an interactive seminar that puts wine blending decisions into your hand. Using components from the Kendall-Jackson cellar, you’ll explore and blend the regional differences that go into the winery’s most renowned Chardonnays—from the tropical fruit of Santa Barbara to the citrus-laced elements of Monterey and more—how will YOU create your Chardonnay? Reserve your place in line early as this seminar always sells out quickly.
- 1:10 – 1:30 p.m.: Pairing Wine with the Garden – The Affinities of Nature’s Blueprint – Join Kendall-Jackson Culinary Gardener Tucker Taylor, Master Gardener Mimi Enright, and Wine Educator Ben Fine for an inside look at how wine pairs with fruits, vegetables and herbs from the garden. Word has it that most of these pairing affinities are intuitive! Is it about color coding? Texture? The seasons? Or all the above? This wonderful look at the instinctual wine & food pairing tools available to all of us will change the way you view the produce aisle forever.
- 2:25 – 2:50 p.m.: Cabernet Sauvignon from the Bordeaux Belt of Sonoma – A Treasure Trove High in the Hills – Kendall-Jackson’s Cabernet Sauvignons are sourced largely from Sonoma County, a region that remains under the radar for the “King” of red grape varieties. 15,000 years ago, Sonoma County was home to seven volcanos, all of which are now extinct and today form the Mayacama Mountain range along which our Cabernets are grown. Join Master Sommelier, Kendall-Jackson Ambassador Larry O’Brien and Wine Educator Pedro Rusk for an unforgettable tasting of Cabernets from this wild and inspired landscape.
Master Gardener Demonstrations – Stroll through our culinary gardens and enjoy hands-on gardening stations and short seminars on various trending topics presented by our very own Culinary Gardner Tucker Taylor and volunteer Master Gardeners. More details to come!
Enjoy thoughtfully curated food pairings from local favorites and Bravo TV Top Chefs, including:
- Chefs Ryan Pollnow and Thomas McNaughton of Flour + Water, San Francisco
- Executive Chef and Owner Brooke Williamson of Hudson House, The Tripel, and Playa Provisions, Los Angeles
- Chef Casey Thompson with Otto Szilagyi of Pacific Plaza Imports
- Mark Stark, owner of Willi's Wine Bar
- Chef Daniel Kedan, Backyard
- Chef & Owner Josh Silvers, Jackson's Bar & Oven
- Brandon Guenther, owner of Rocker Oysterfeller's
- Kendra Kolling, founder of The Farmer's Wife
- Chef & Owner Dustin Valette, Valette Healdsburg
- Fogliani Foods
- Boon Eat + Drink
- Nicasio Valley Cheese
- Fiorello's Artisan Gelato
- Live Music – Enjoy music from local artists, including Rootstock and Dustin Saylor
Sunday, September 30, 2018
Wine Club: 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
General Admission: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens
5007 Fulton Rd.
Fulton, CA 95439
Tickets are $150 per person ($120 per person for wine club members).
Available online at: http://www.kj.com/events/harvest-celebration
Glodow Nead Communications, JFWPR@glodownead.com