Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance Announces Second Annual Signature Sonoma Valley: April 6-8, 2018
January 19, 2018
SONOMA, Calif. (January 19, 2018) – Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance announced today that the second annual Signature Sonoma Valley will take place April 6 - 8, 2018. This dynamic, three-day wine event provides exclusive access to rare wine experiences, highlighting Sonoma Valley’s world-class wines, iconic vineyards, heritage, legacy, and the entrepreneurial spirit of the next generation of winemakers and winegrowers.
“Following the remarkable success of the 2017 inaugural event, we’re thrilled to announce Signature Sonoma Valley will be expanding to three days, providing affluent wine experience seekers with even more access to Sonoma Valley’s famed wineries and esteemed luminaries,” said Maureen Cottingham, Executive Director of the Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance. “Our goal is to educate, inspire, and delight our oenophile guests with once-in-a-life-time experiences that showcase our world-class wine region.”
Signature Sonoma Valley will immerse guests in the incomparable wines and acclaimed vineyards of the historic Sonoma Valley region with a range of distinctive wine experiences which include:
- ICON (Friday, April 6) – Attendees will taste through a curated collection of wines selected by our team of sommeliers to showcase the best of what is happening “right now” in winemaking and winegrowing in Sonoma Valley. Set in the heart of Los Carneros at the stunning Ram’s Gate Winery, this walk-around tasting offers guests the opportunity to meet the winemakers and winegrowers who are shaping the future of Sonoma Valley wines. Ram’s Gate Winery Executive Chef Taylr Behnam will serve curated tasting dishes to complement the distinctive wines.
- RETROSPECTIVE (Saturday, April 7) – New this year, RETROSPECTIVE will offer a rare tasting experience for wine aficionados and collectors, showcasing legendary vintages across multiple decades from iconic Sonoma Valley winery, Hanzell Vineyards. Only 30 seats will be available for this intimate experience led by Winemaker Michael McNeill and President Jason Jardine of Hanzell Vineyards.
- LEGENDS (Saturday, April 7) – During this elite dinner hosted at the private estate of one of Sonoma Valley’s most legendary wine families, Don and Nancy Sebastiani, vintners will share legendary wines from their private collections – bottles both rare and personal, that speak to the history, passion, and innovation that brought acclaim and worldwide attention to Sonoma Valley’s wines and vineyards.
- IMMERSION (Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7) – IMMERSION will take guests behind the scenes of Sonoma Valley’s most iconic vineyards. The experience includes a sommelier-moderated tasting and discussion of wines produced from each distinctive site with the winemakers who crafted them, followed by a farm-to-table lunch.
- WINE + DESIGN (Friday, April 6 & Saturday, April 7) – Hosted by prominent vintners, the WINE + DESIGN lunches will offer the rare opportunity to visit exclusive properties and private homes not open to the public. Each lunch will showcase a special selection of wines paired with lunch prepared by local celebrity chefs.
- BUBBLES + BRUNCH (Sunday, April 8) – Guests will bid farewell to Signature Sonoma Valley by enjoying an authentic “wine country” brunch paired with a curated range of sparkling wines, many only available in limited quantities from the wineries.
This year, Signature Sonoma Valley will also introduce THE HUB, a pop-up lounge located in Sonoma’s historic town square. Open each day for all SSV guests, THE HUB will serve as a central gathering place where guests can relax in the wine lounge, attend educational seminars, purchase featured Signature Sonoma Valley wines, and more.
The Weekend Package, which is priced at $1,750 per person, includes all Signature Sonoma Valley experiences, as well as an exclusive VIP reception and private transfers to and from all events. Individual reservations can be made for each event: ICON and RETROSPECTIVE are priced at $250 per person, LEGENDS is priced at $500 per person, IMMERSION and WINE + DESIGN are priced at $175 per person, and BUBBLES + BRUNCH is priced at $65 per person. Tickets are available at SonomaValleyWine.com/Signature-Sonoma-Valley. For more information, please call (707) 935-0803 or visit SonomaValleyWine.com.
About the Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance and Foundation
The Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance (SVVGA) is a non-profit trade organization serving more than 500 members who share a mission to promote awareness of Sonoma Valley’s grapes, wine, and history as the birthplace of the California wine industry. Sonoma Valley comprises six of the 17 American Viticulture Areas (AVAs) of Sonoma County: Bennett Valley, Los Carneros, Moon Mountain District, Sonoma Coast, Sonoma Mountain, and Sonoma Valley. The Sonoma Valley Vintners and Growers Foundation (SVVGF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has raised more than $25,000,000 through Sonoma Wine Country Weekend and supports youth and children for future success, preserving our environment, and improving health and welfare of our local communities. For more information on the SVVGA and SVVGF, please visit www.SonomaValleyWine.com.