Award Winning Deerfoot Cab Franc Reserve Available for Pre-order
Shoemakersville, Penn.—Pre-orders of the 2017 Cabernet Franc Reserve are available today from Deerfoot Vineyards and Winery through their online portal or in person at the winery. This wine was awarded a medal in its category at the Los Angeles International Wine Competition on May 22nd & 23rd and was the only Pennsylvania wine awarded a medal in the 2019 competition.
“To win in California for a dry red is kind of a challenge.” said Dan Brown, Owner and Winemaker at Deerfoot Vineyards and Winery. “We have won several medals this year at international events, but Los Angeles is another league entirely.”
Small Scale, Limited Availability
With a small production of only around 400 cases a year the Deerfoot wine list rotates frequently and wines often sell out after only a few months. This Cabernet Franc Reserve bottling is from a hand selected batch of wine originally intended for the flagship ‘Six Point’ blend. The last time this happened was for the 2014 vintage which was the opening year for the winery.
• Deerfoot Farm, Est, 1947, Vineyard Planted 2010, Winery Licensed 2014
• Tasting Room Open : 12-5pm Saturday & Sunday
• Cabernet Franc Reserve
• Vintage – 2017
• Bottles – 319 (26.5 Cases)
• Harvest & Crush – 10/01/17
• Skin Contact : 8 Days, Pressed on 10/09/17
• Barrel Conditioning 10/18/17 – 12/22/18
• Bottle Conditioning 12/22/18 – 10/5/19