Wayfarer is seeking a Cellar Master to join our Winemaker and Production Assistant in our everlasting pursuit of producing exceptional wines. The ideal candidate will have a love for working in a winery cellar and passion for excellence in all efforts.
Wayfarer is a small family-owned winery producing small quantities of estate-grown Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Rosé and Syrah. Wayfarer Vineyard is located in the Fort Ross-Seaview AVA, a remote region of the West Sonoma Coast.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Operate with safety first mentality, assist with safety training and oversight.
• Execute wine topping, movements and blending.
• Execute barrel repairs, barrel organization and empty barrel maintenance.
• Work with winemaker to schedule and execute successful bottling throughout the year.
• Manage and maintain all cellar equipment.
• Maintain clean and sanitized cellar as well as lead cellar staff education on sanitation procedures.
• Manage cellar readiness for harvest, including crush equipment operation; tank inspection and cleanliness; weighmaster; workflow collaboration with winemaker.
• Execute and oversee additions, maceration techniques; draining, pressing and barrel downs; collaborate on samples and data gathering as well as overall workflow.
• Assist with hiring and management of interns and third party labor.
• Participate in sensory analysis of corks; bench trials; blending trials, etc.
• Participate in blending trials and tastings.
• Maintain our winery database software and spreadsheets.
• Assist with sampling and running in-house lab analysis.
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
• Valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of experience working in a winery or comparable position.
• Ability to lift 50lbs, walk hillsides and uneven terrain, work on your feet all day
• Availability to work extended hours and weekends, primarily during Harvest
• Driven to always be learning, improving, and delivering excellence.
This position is full-time, with competitive wage as well as benefits including 401K, Medical, Paid Time Off.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.