Crossbarn Winery, a grower, and producer of luxury Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay, seeks passionate and enthusiastic individuals to join our cellar team. Dedication to wine quality, attention to detail, and a great attitude are paramount. We are looking for hardworking and team-oriented individual who wants to be a part of and help foster a great working environment.
The Cellar Worker is responsible for performing all cellar & winemaking facility operations to company protocols and standards.
This position includes a full benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401k with company match.
Examples of responsibilities:
1. Cellar: Perform routine cellar work from harvest to bottling which includes but not limited to sampling, topping, racking, forklifting, additions, barrel work, bottling, etc.
a. Complete work orders and other documents as directed.
b. Serve as harvest shift lead; manage interns and other seasonal staff.
c. Inventory and inspect barrels, bottling supplies, gases, equipment, and various tools.
2. Facility: Help cellar master to upkeep, inspect, clean, and organize winemaking facility.
a. Perform tasks from walk through project list and general maintenance and repairs on cellar equipment.
3. General Support (as time permits): Assist other departments with various projects, including but not limited to, working in the vineyards, shipping pick bins/furniture or helping to set-up or break-down events at the winery properties.
Specific qualifications & skills:
1. Wine & cellar operations: Proficiency and ability in performing routine cellar task (forklifting, racking, topping, sampling, cleaning). Ability to identify basic wine flaws and quality control concerns.
2. Quality & performance drive: follow directions and be able to carry out their tasks efficiently, effectively, and safely with an eye for detail within a team environment.
3. Communication: Able to communicate with supervisor and team members to provide and receive feedback.
4. Attitude: Enthusiastic, encouraging, considerate, creative, professional demeanor.
5. Success drive: Anticipates problems, prepares, adapts, intuitive, resilient, and relentless.
6. Judgement: Sound judgement, responsible, common sense, and high integrity.
Basic job requirements:
1. Minimum of 1 year of cellar work experience or have worked 2 harvests.
2. Basic reading, writing and math skills.
3. Flexibility to work weekends and off hours when needed.
4. Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs., or a 9L case of wine.
5. Able to work in adverse conditions: hot/cold weather, rain, mud, soft soil, dust, etc.
6. Able to sit and/or walk and stand for most of the day: twist, bend, crouch, extend and have full range of motion in all varieties of physical movement.
7. Must pass pre-employment physical.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.