With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Guest Ambassador (Hospitality Assistant) will support Rombauer Tasting Room upporting various hospitality functions for scheduled winery events and undertakes diverse functions to support tasting room operations. Supports tasting room staff in maintaining the proper presentation of various venues, to include making minor repairs when needed, where winery guest are entertained.
• Hiring Set Rate Posted: $20.00 / hr - $20.00 / hr + $1,000 hiring bonus
• In addition to the salary, this position is eligible to participate in tasting room tip pools, bonuses and incentive plans, as applicable.
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
What You Will Do:
• Leads set-up and tear-down of wine tastings and special events.
• Supports the audio-visual or sanitation functions for events.
• Procures and delivers wine and supplies for tastings and special events.
• Reviews details of daily events and makes changes per direction of caterers and supervisors.
• Stocks wine and operating supplies; orders supplies as needed.
• Maintains wine inventories, makes updates in database handheld system.
• Assists with food and beverage service.
• Ensures the maintenance of property standards in regard to cleanliness, organization and general aesthetics.
• Ensures that all equipment is properly working on site and makes minor repairs as needed.
• Ensures that all required items to comply with sanitation regulations are on-site.
• Prepares silverware and glassware for meal service.
• Supports tasting room representatives with the delivery of wine and non-wine products to customers.
• Reads the order and pulls product(s) for customer.
• Transports and loads product(s) into customer's vehicle.
• Provides back-up support on cash registers; works the greeting station.
• Supports other Visitor Center staff with duties such as clearing and cleaning tables, filling water glasses, maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen and customer areas and returning plates to the kitchen
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
What You Will Need:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 1 year of hospitality or event support experience.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
• Skilled in carrying-out simple instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Required to be at least 21 years of age or older.
• Required to complete training and proficiently operate the AMS software.
• Required to work holidays, evenings and up to 8 weekend's days per month (Saturday or Sunday) at various hours (from 10 am to 6 pm).
• Lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 3 years of hospitality or event support experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience in restaurant/service industry.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 103122
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-of-work behavior, such as off-duty use of cannabis away from the workplace (subject to federal and state law exceptions), the existence of non-psychoactive ...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.