About Boisset Collection: Founded in 1961 in the heart of Burgundy, France, Jean-Claude, and Claudine Boisset began establishing their family collection of historic and unique wineries. The Boisset Collection binds the old and new worlds of wine with its authentic Franco-American spirit to create terroir-driven wines by harmonizing the past, the future, the land, and the people. Boisset Collection features more than twenty-five prestigious wineries and brands and continues to be paramount as one of the world's leading family-owned luxury fine wine companies.
Position Summary: The Tasting Room Manager for Raymond Vineyards manages all aspects of the winery tasting rooms while maintaining excellent guest service, consistent staffing, and maximum profitability. Always upholding the highest level of brand standards and hospitality, the wide variety of duties involved requires flexibility, strategic planning, organizational development, and strong front of house leadership skills.
• Provide high-level hospitality individually and by directing the Raymond Tasting Room team, that delivers engaging experiences with personalized attention geared to the specific needs of each party.
• Lead and execute on strategic visions for driving visitation and guest experiences.
• Develop and foster a vision and strategy for the business that aligns with the values of Raymond Vineyards, monitoring KPIs daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Create and execute tactical plans aligned with strategy to deliver consistent and impressive financial growth and strategic results.
• Supervise, train and perform high level hospitality functions which can include greeting visitors, providing tasting and wine education, conducting consumer and VIP tours, and training staff to perform exceptional guest experiences that leads to sales.
• Ensure best-in-class hospitality practices aligned to the brand.
• Maintain open communication with all tasting room staff regarding winery policies, goals, procedures, events, etc. Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings, tastings, seminars, and other events to enhance communication and teamwork.
• Lead, inspire, manage, motivate, coach and mentor staff, including both direct reports and broader team to optimize team morale and performance.
• Develop a staffing schedule to ensure the tasting room is adequately always staffed. Communicate the schedule with staff effectively.
• Develop and maintain networking programs with local lodging establishments, restaurants, visitor bureaus, chambers of commerce, etc., increasing winery traffic.
• Review and approve bi-weekly timecards at end of each pay period, using an online time clock system. Calculate staff bonuses, based on monthly tasting room sales, and submit timecards and bonus information prior to payroll deadlines.
• Work closely with Human Resources to recruit, hire, discipline, or terminate hospitality staff as needed. This can include approving job postings, conducting interviews, following disciplinary procedures, providing coaching or training, and other activities as needed.
• Maintain adequate inventory of wine and gift items. Monitor sales and adjust as needed using discount programs, new releases notices, promotions, and other effective sales tools.
• Coordinate financial aspects of the tasting room which can include opening and closing of daily till, preparing weekly bank deposits, balancing bank deposits with daily register totals, maintaining adequate cash reserves in the change box, and resolving errors in cash balances.
• Assist in setting annual Tasting Room budget based on history, projected sales, and projected expenses, and participate in annual and mid-year budget reviews.
• Review monthly tasting room income statement, making necessary adjustments to meet sales goals and stay within budget projections.
• Run daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports using cash register data and software and submit them in a timely manner to the winery Executive team.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize, and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and basic database activity.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver's License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity is sufficient to reach, handles items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing ...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.