SUMMARY: Assists team in promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room, wine education, assistance with shipping and reception department. This position’s schedule will be primarily weekend shifts and some holiday shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Greets & engages all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting, offering wine education about Benovia wines
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions about wines
• Performs basic receptionist/front office duties daily
• Handle routine sales transactions in Commerce7, which includes entering orders received over the phone, via email, and in person, as well as an accounting of daily sales.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook. In addition, training will be provided for use of Commerce7 POS
• Maintains and keeps the tasting room and kitchen area clean, always making sure wines are properly stored and glasses are washed & polished daily, following checklists for daily procedures as well as properly marking pour outs of wines poured daily
• Assists with hospitality special events as needed
• Represents winery at outside functions as needed (prior approval & professional conduct required)
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines
• Assist in packing and shipping for orders to be shipped as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Act as general concierge for any guests needs.
• Two - four years related experience minimum
• Knowledge of wines and wine production
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to work weekends and some holidays