With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
A Maintenance Technician level 2 works under general supervision providing maintenance troubleshooting and repair support for winery operations supporting both Talbott Vineyards throughout the Santa Lucia Highlands, CA and Courtside Winery in San Miguel, CA.
What You Will Do:
• Leads machinery troubleshooting; documents repairs made.
• Replaces or repairs defective parts.
• Reassembles equipment and tests for conformance to specifications.
• Works on assigned projects; responds to emergency maintenance calls.
• Disassembles malfunctioning equipment; examines and tests mechanisms on large and small pieces of machinery.
• Inspects, tests and calibrates instruments.
• Interprets technical documents (prints, manuals) as required.
• Performs plumbing and piping operations.
• Maintains shop machines, tools and facilities.
• Follows shop safety practices and shop housekeeping practices
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
What You Need:
• High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 5 years of mechanical or automotive maintenance experience working on equipment or industrial motors and pumps reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associates degree or 2-year Technical Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Maintenance and Repair plus 3 years of mechanical or automotive maintenance experience working on equipment or industrial motors and pumps reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience working in a manufacturing, production, industrial mechanical or automotive environment.
• Required to work assigned shift (day, swing, and graveyard) and weekends and overtime as needed.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to conduct work at heights.
• Required to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Required to work in a tight and confined space.
• Required to provide own basic hand tools.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel at a basic level.
What Will Set You Apart:
• High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of mechanical or automotive maintenance experience working on equipment or industrial motors and pumps reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associates degree or 2-year Technical Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Maintenance and Repair plus 5 years of mechanical or automotive maintenance experience working on equipment or industrial motors and pumps reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Industrial trade experience to include Refrigeration and HVAC.
• Project management experience.
• Basic understanding of PLC's.
• Skilled in forklift and aerial lift operation.
• Experience working in a food and beverage manufacturing facility.
• Knowledge of drinking water and waste water systems.
• Experience maintaining and repairing large production equipment.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $63,500 - $85,700
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 101593
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.