With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Wine Tech 4 - Sonoma Cellar
What You'll Do:
Under minimal supervision responsible for functioning as the lead winery technician and overseeing a crew for winery operations. Duties include using company systems to create work orders/work schedules, data entry, creating reports; leading, monitoring, and coaching operation crews; working with other departments to ensure the quality and efficiency of the operations; and driving continuous improvement. Adheres to all safety procedures and support Food Safety, Environmental, Quality and GMP standards.
• Functions as a shift lead and oversees one or more crews ensuring crew resources are properly allocated for the day.
• Works cross functionally with the winemaking, maintenance, bottling, cellar, EH & amp;S and quality departments to ensure production schedules are developed and met.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement as it relates to safety, Food Safety, quality, efficiency, processes and cost savings.
• Operates winery equipment (e.g. bottling machines, pumps, CIP system, filtration, presses, white and red grape press controls, and receiving equipment).
• Performs inventory reconciliation using company systems; publishes reports, and communicates discrepancies.
• Understands and complies with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations including completing action items and permit activities as assigned.
• Responsible for creating an effective weekly schedules, assigning employees to jobs across all areas taking into consideration employee development and training needs.
• Participates in safety incident investigations; acts as the incident commander, begins, documents and enters incident investigation details in Company reporting system (e.g. Gensuite).
• Participates in the interview process of production labor.
• Maintaining and monitoring HACCP, Quality and Food Safety and understanding individual and team responsibilities, impacts and requirements on these systems.
• Opens, executes and closes work orders in the appropriate system such as WineManager, SAP, and Swisslog.
• Prepares Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
• Maintains housekeeping, sanitation, and GMP and PPE requirements.
• Maintains crew productivity; trains and coaches new or existing employees as needed.
What You Will Need:
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 6 years of wine production experience OR 8 years of winery or brewery production experience reflecting increasing levels or responsibility.
• 5 years of supervisory experience including leading shifts with multiple teams.
• Required to work a rotating shift/schedule throughout the year (day, swing, graveyard, 5x8, 4x10); required to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
• Required to wear a respirator, when necessary.
• Required to undergo onsite forklift, scissor lift and boom lift certifications.
• Required to travel and work at other winery sites as required.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to obtain certifications/licenses as required by the business (e.g. DOT, Hazardous Waste, Sulfur applicator, etc.)
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $39.11 - $39.11
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 101592
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.