The Nelson Cottage Assistant General Manager reports to the General Manager and works with the Hospitality Director, peers, and Front of House (FOH) / Back of House (BOH) staff to create epic guest experiences at our Nelson Cottage by High West Venue. We are looking for a leader with a mindset for business growth, a commitment to operating a profitable restaurant and an aptitude for creating memorable dining experience that turn guests into lifelong High West Ambassadors. Epic guest experiences create lifelong High West Ambassadors. This is achieved through a relentless focus on delivering delicious and authentic whiskey, food and cocktails while embodying the culture and Hospitality expectations of High West.
* Represent and support the HW Mission and Vision as Manager on Duty throughout week to deliver a "5 Star" guest experience to every guest.
* Support team through hiring, training, and retaining top of class FOH staff.
* Set direction and lead others on the floor to ensure operational excellence.
* Work with peers and staff to execute cleanliness expectations of all FOH stations, including overall cleanliness of building both internal and external.
* Actively develop existing FOH staff through cultivating skillset, providing coaching, holding people accountable and delivering honest feedback.
* Manage staff the Nelson Cottage team to support Hospitality operations.
* Execute delegated operational tasks as assigned by GM efficiently and on time.
* Communicate effectively with HW employees to ensure execution of company policies and accomplishment of company initiatives.
* Lead and direct execution of pre-service.
* Work with peers and direct reports to execute annual evaluation/review process for all FOH employees.
* Support operations at each HW Hospitality venue as needed.
* Help plan and participate in HWS employee training for each season/menu launch: Summer/Winter.
* Actively participate in operational meetings, strategy sessions, etc. to push efficiencies in operations, customer satisfaction, new projects, and brand development as appropriate.
* Maintain open availability based on customer demands/business needs
* 2+ years of guest facing floor management or lead role experience in a fine dining restaurant environment.
* Proven track record of exceeding guest expectations and leading a team.
* Strong communication and team building skills.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solve in the moment.
* Demonstrated proficiency in effectively balancing the needs of guests, staff, and the business.
* 4+ years of guest facing floor management in restaurant/bar environment.
* 2+ years' experience in a fine dining or upscale restaurant.
* Extensive floor service experience, server/bartender, in similar business operations.
* Proven track record of developing staff upward within an organization.
* Experience implementing operational policies and procedures to achieve and exceed business metrics.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts, and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
* Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High West - The Nelson Cottage
Hospitality & Retail
The salary range for this role is:
$48,400.00 - $69,700.00
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).