WHO IS WILSON DANIELS WHOLESALE?
Wilson Daniels Wholesale is a family-owned distributor in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, representing the world’s preeminent wines since 2015. We offer a portfolio of terroir-focused wines that are singular expressions of each unique region and spotlight our producers’ traditions and heritage alongside their distinctive wines.
COME WORK WITH US
At Wilson Daniels, we’re leaders and educators in luxury wine. Working together to set the highest standards for quality, integrity and excellence, our passionate team of professionals is wholly immersed in every aspect of the fine wine world. We value family, heritage, and wines of distinction. Join the world-class Wilson Daniels Portfolio! Our book includes exciting icons such as Domaine Leflaive, Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Rombauer, Dal Forno, Biondi-Santi, Eisele Vineyard, and many more.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
ABOUT THE JOB
The WDW Portfolio Manager responsibilities will include: Effective & professional communication with WDW suppliers and inventory monitoring; Development of strategic sales programming tools for company and supplier initiatives; Assist in achieving corporate and supplier objectives; work directly with the Senior-Vice President and Directors in achieving distribution goals; Assist with supplier and trade events, and involvement with sales calls and account visits.
- Manage relationships with WDW Suppliers in all aspects: market objectives, inventory management, brand competitive set, pricing, etc.
- Monitor pricing and program within respective area of responsibility.
- Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
- Provide education for sales team on represented brands
- Plan own time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of sales and management teams in relation managed brands.
- Have knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel.
- Have the ability to work with assigned group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate their achievement.
- Establish priorities and maintain brand standards.
- Convey knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Have the ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure, and overall organizational environment.
- Utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
- Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales and management teams.
- Establish and maintain productive supplier and customer relationships.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Fine Wine & Hospitality industry.
- Prior experience and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office; Diver BI experience a plus
- Knowledge of Romance languages (French, Italian, and Spanish) is preferred
- Knowledge and/or ability with computer graphic design programs is preferred
- Ability to work with management, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.