Coordinates and facilitates the efficient and timely transportation of products and/or orders from domestic and/or international origins to the designated distribution centers. This includes but is not limited to routing, order management, freight carrier/forwarder/broker coordination, document management (incl. digital archive systems), and load posting for distribution centers.
• Perform daily requirements such as service provider management, system updates, freight consolidation, routing, tracking, port/warehouse arrivals, order management, and load posting in ERP.
• Monitor status of open orders in designated lanes and inform purchasing about any issues.
• Approve consolidation proposed by freight forwarder/broker. Build container/truckloads and issue shipping instructions from assigned origins.
• Monitor assigned domestic and/or import shipments, resolve problems as necessary (with carriers, freight forwarders, customs broker, etc.), paying special attention to transshipments and moves during extreme weather conditions.
• Monitor, enter, and/or update relevant shipment data in appropriate databases.
• Ensure each shipment has complete documentation in the timeline required for each mode of transportation. Review shipping documents. Address issues with appropriate party.
• Monitor ISF filing and customs clearance for import shipments in designated lanes. Assist in post-entry audit of CBP form 7501 (Entry Summary).
• Monitor delivery orders and inbound schedule at designated distribution centers.
• Post loads in ERP. Work on discrepancies with operations and purchasing. Alert the Logistics Manager/Supervisor of any damage/shortage to start the freight claim process if needed.
• Monitor and maintain data flow from general logistics mailbox to ensure that data is updated on a continuous basis.
• Collaborate with all departments and functions and service providers to improve data quality, supply chain compliance. Internal contacts include Purchasing, Brand Management, A/P, Operations, Compliance, among others.
• Develop, prepare, and analyze metrics to ensure best practices for internal and external customers and service providers.
• Capture documents in SmartSearch, maintain files, databases, reports, process documents, and KPI as required.
• Act as a backup for others within the department.
• Recommend and execute projects as required.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures, communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment
Equipment/Machinery Used: Telephone, copier, computer, fax machine, calculator
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, bending, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity, lifting up to 10lbs
• Associates degree. BA or BS desired.
• Additional Education or Professional certification (CSCP, CLTD, or similar) desired.
• 2+ years of experience in domestic and international freight movement, preferably in the wine and spirits industry. 1+ years working with import and US Customs regulations preferred.
• Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
• Experience with MS Dynamics Nav 2013, Apprise, or other large ERP preferred.
• Experience with Diver or other data mining software desired.
• Detailed oriented and able to resolve issues as they evolve.
• Strong communication, follow up, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Ability to create fast rapport with internal customers and service providers.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, time-sensitive team environment. Ability to multi-task.