Silverado Farming Company cares for our employees by treating them with respect, continually educating them for growth and investing in individuals to better their lives and our company. SFC vision of farming is to be integrated and aligned with our clients’ goals. We work together with our clients to decide the best farming practices to achieve the outcome for the highest quality wines. We as a company give back to the community through the 1% for the Community Fund and focus on organizations that give back directly to the farmworkers of Napa Valley.
We encourage our employees to be curious and ask question to understand the whys of what you are doing. Our goal is to ensure our employees understand the significance of their work.
Job Summary: This is a seasonal position with potential to become full time. You will work closely with the Viticulturist and viticulture team members to perform essential activities in the vineyard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Scouting vineyards for pest and disease problems.
• Collect data from vineyard sites
• Monitoring and recording pest activity in the vineyards
• Assist with sampling procedures
• Fertigations when needed
• Performs regular vineyard work by hand such as pruning, tying, frost control, training, suckering, leafing, thinning, irrigating, harvesting, planting, etc.
• Must use personal protective equipment when necessary including but not limited to, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, work boots, etc. (provided by Silverado Farming Company).
• Work closely with colleagues and outside vendors when needed to accomplish projects.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• 1 year experience with agriculture operations.
• Ability to take direction, work harmoniously with coworkers, clients and vendors
• Strong time management skills
• Strong math skills, ability to keep track of counts
• Dependability + reliability
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
• Detail oriented and able to handle wide range or responsibilities
• Discretely handles confidential information
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Who you are:
Be hardworking and organized
Be devoted to the purpose of Silverado Farming Company and its’ employees
• Must be capable of lifting and carrying at least 50 pounds, plus be capable of bending, squatting and walking on uneven ground, do manual labor outside in all types of weather, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
• Must have a valid California Driver’s License, be insurable by the company and be able to operate a motor vehicle safely.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
• College degree in viticulture or other biological science or are currently working toward a degree.
• CPR/First Aid Certificate
• Bilingual in Spanish and English
• Exceptional customer service skills in person and on the phone
• Software knowledge in AgCode
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.