Gallo is proud to be expanding into Chester County, South Carolina! Our Chester County Operations facility will be situated on 630 acres and include bottling and canning capabilities, warehousing, a regional distribution center, and will serve as the eastern hub for our import and export business.
We're approaching 100 years of bold ideas and hard work that unite us in our goal to serve joy in the moments that matter. As a company that has thrived on the simple belief of taking care of our people first, we appreciate and value what matters most to you. We're all about providing some of the best benefits, rewards, and development programs available in your area. We focus on caring and respecting each other, because together, we make growth possible.
At Gallo, we're passionate about bringing our culture to life in Chester County and to building something truly amazing, together.
Chester County Operations | We Serve Joy!
Are you a dynamic individual who can bring a passion for beverage making, energy and a refined palate to our team? The Assistant Beverage Maker executes a variety of activities relating to the blending and bottling of beverages by supporting and directing the production processes in the creation of quality alcoholic beverages at our facility located in Fort Lawn, South Carolina.
What You Will Do:
• Tastes alcoholic beverages, conducts evaluations, and communicates significant differences to manager or team leadership.
• Requests samples, reviews analysis and recognizes trends, tastes incoming bulk inventory/ingredients, and conducts tastings within beveragemaking team.
• Executes specific processing trials and experiments to help improve product quality and efficiency within the plant.
• Supports and guides the production processes and operations involved to deliver alcoholic beverages from raw material to bottle as assigned (Ex: ingredient receiving, product blending, bottling, etc.).
• Supports production with timely laboratory analysis on key analytes to support blending and bottling production (Ex: alcohol, CO2, etc).
• Could support laboratory instrument calibration and minor troubleshooting as required; prepares chemical solutions used in the laboratory.
• Logs sample results into the laboratory information management system so other beveragemakers, team leaders, operation managers, and leadership team members are constantly aware of the quality of the product being produced.
• Works closely with teammates and cellar operations to write work orders and execute the blending plan within the cellar to ensure timely processing and bottling.
• Responsible for production of individual blends within the value portfolio that comply with formulas, COLA and TTB regulations, and completes tracking paperwork within a timely manner from raw materials to bottle.
• Collaborates cross-functionally with partners in Operations, Compliance, and QA in the pursuit of creating quality products, processes, and procedures within the Fort Lawn facility.
• Notifies beveragemaking team and manager of risks to blend timelines.
• Works with software that enables more efficient operations and management of our products and processes.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree in science or engineering plus 1 year of winemaking, distillation, beveragemaking, Gallo new product development, quality, analytical laboratory or beverage management (managing a spirits portfolio in a restaurant/bar or developing a cocktail program) experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibilities; OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 5 years of winemaking, distillation, beveragemaking, Gallo new product development, quality, analytical laboratory, or beverage management (managing a spirits portfolio in a restaurant/bar or developing a cocktail program) experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibilities.
• Required to be available for 24 hour on-call support of production operations.
• Required to work any assigned shift.
• Require to be at least 21 years of age.
• Required to occasionally lift and move full cases of product which can weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Required to occasionally work under varying climatic conditions.
• Required to identify variances in alcoholic beverage color by sight and identify alcoholic beverage flavors by taste and smell (needs to determine significant color changes in liquid).
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license, or appropriate state driver's license, within 30 days of hire.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, Tableau, MS PowerPoint at a basic level.
• Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 97141
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predispos...