Join our artisanal and innovative team! Raptor Ridge Winery has a Newberg, Oregon address within Willamette Valley's Laurelwood District / Chehalem Mountains AVA, just 16 miles outside Portland, Oregon.
In addition to growing Estate Gruner Veltliner and Pinot Noir, we source sustainable, organic, and biodynamically grown winegrapes from across the Willamette Valley. We also have a focus on producing quality white wines such as Sparkling Brut Rose, Auxerrois, Chardonnay, and Pinot Gris. Now celebrating our 27th vintage, Raptor Ridge continues to be an emblem of quality and consistency recognized across the country.
Tasting Room Associate:
Service at Raptor Ridge is team-oriented, with all members sharing equally in providing an intimate and educational wine tasting experience as well as maintaining our back-of-house operations. Our tasting room hosts guests from around the world and serves delicious and interesting wines from throughout several AVAs within the Willamette Valley to create a unique tasting experience showcasing the diversity of our region.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Professionally & warmly interact with guests throughout all steps of Tasting Room service including:
• Booking reservations via phone or in person using Tock software
• Welcoming and hosting guests in our tasting room
• Telling the Raptor Ridge story, discussing the details of our wines, and learning about our guests to create meaningful experiences, promote sales, generate return visits, and achieve club member enrollment
• Smoothly executing wine sales and new club signups by capturing and reporting accurate customer details in our software platforms, Tock and eCELLAR.
• Clearly communicate with all team members regarding tasting room needs, feedback, requests, and scheduling.
• Execute daily tasks to include opening & closing procedures, restocking, cleaning, dishwashing, and basic facility maintenance tasks.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must hold or be eligible to hold a valid OLCC Server s Permit & Food Handler's License
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
• Must be able to lift 40lbs
• Must be able to stand 8 hours a day and comfortably walk up and down stairs and on uneven terrain.
• Professional "wine country chic" dress is required
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must be able to efficiently work with our POS (eCELLAR) and reservation software (Tock). Training will be provided.
Scheduling & Availability:
• Weekend & occasional evening availability required
• Immediate opening
• Hourly compensation commensurate with experience and industry standard
• Lucrative gratuities
• Opportunities for wine industry career development