With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job posting location is San Francisco, CA (Bay Area)
Drive profitable share growth of Gallo products within assigned Customer Accounts. Develop key Customer relationships that foster support of Gallo products. Build and grow new and existing portfolio of products. Drives strategic initiatives for total wine and spirit category growth.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Communicates monthly with wholesaler and Gallo Distributor Management team to drive execution of chain priorities and programs.
• Spends time in the field conducting market visits with wholesalers, evaluating and driving execution against opportunities across all Customer Development accounts within the assigned region.
• Drives the implementation of best practice philosophies and methodologies to assigned Customer Accounts and Distributor Management counterparts.
• Develops Gallo revenue and profit growth objectives with Customer Account.
• Embrace the continuous improvement across Customer Development Standards of Performance: Strategy, Share of Customer, Distribution, Shelf, Cold Box, Visibility, and Retailer Advocacy.
• Partners with Category Management to analyze and evaluate market, sales, and forecast data; identifies business opportunities and develops strategic initiatives to execute against them.
• Develop Joint Business Plan based upon strategic plan with customer and working with appropriate buyer and or other appropriate customer resource.
• Understand, manage and assign corporate resources based on Customer Tiering model.
• Presents compelling presentations to secure distribution of new items to build Gallo brands.
• Identifies opportunities to grow Gallo business across brick & mortar environment, customer's online platforms, and 3rd party platforms.
• Works cross-functionally and vertically across the customer's organization: Senior Mgmt., Buyer/category team, marketing team, e-commerce team, digital team, supply chain / operations, consumer research/insights, IT.
• Develops processes to ensure open standard communication channels both internally and externally between the winery and distributors sales organization.
• Collaborates with Distributor Management to execute regional and corporate sales objectives with the Customer Account.
• Maintains absolute compliance with Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
• Partners with organizational leaders to support succession development ensuring proper experience levels of personnel.
• Engages in development and implementation of standards and goals to support the organization's business plans.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams, and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Forecasts business results and plans strategies to maximize future product sales.
• Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset -Driving future-focused change.
• Engages accounts and distributor personnel to ensure all e-Retail opportunities in marketplace are maximized.
• Supports commercialization of digital marketing programs and leverages digital assets.
• Monitors and evaluates market and sales information to identify business opportunities.
• Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within the community.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Essential Functions Standard
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales, Gallo Affiliated or Non-affiliated Distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of CPG sales/account management, retail sales/account management, or corporate business development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales, Gallo Affiliated or Non-affiliated Distributor Sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate plus 8 years of CPG sales/account management, retail sales/account management, or corporate business development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality.
• Required to travel by air and automobile up to 50% during the course of busine...