About Boisset Collection: Founded 1961 in the heart of Burgundy, France, Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset began establishing their family collection of historic and unique wineries. The Boisset Collection binds the old and new worlds of wine with its authentic Franco-American spirit to create terroir-driven wines by harmonizing the past, the future, the land, and the people.
Boisset Collection features JCB, De Loach, Buena Vista, and Raymond with more than twenty-five prestigious wineries and brands. Paramount locals in France and the United States, Boisset Collection is one of the world's leading family-owned luxury fine wine companies.
About Oakville Grocery: A wine country institution since 1881, Oakville Grocery is not just the oldest continuously operating grocery store in California. It is an authentic destination for discovering food and provisions of the highest quality.
Our Healdsburg store is located the heart of Healdsburg Square, in Sonoma County. This idyllic locale is now a vibrant gathering place for locals and visitors, wine drinkers and vintners, hungry neighbors, and culinary connoisseurs.
Position Summary: Oakville Grocery, founded in 1881, is the oldest continually operating grocery store in California. Since its opening, Oakville Grocery has been a destination for locals and visitors and cheese lovers alike. With our renovation, we have reconnected to our California roots, offering a highly curated selection of the best products from farmers, artisans, and purveyors in Napa and Sonoma Wine Country. The Cheese Monger assists the location managers with all tasks relevant to Cheese & Charcuterie sales, including:
- Sourcing, Ordering
- Inventory Management
- Merchandising (including wrapping, cross-merchandising, presentation)
- Cheese/Charcuterie board creation, preparation
- Margin Management
- Waste Management
- Cheese education of staff and customers
The ideal candidate will have an insatiable appetite for cheese education and possess creative culinary flare. In addition, the Cheese Monger will require strong project management skills, overseeing programs at both the flagship Oakville store (90%) and the sister location in Healdsburg (10%). This individual will ensure that the entire cheese process is executed efficiently and effectively, from merchandising, to inventorying, to waste management.
• Maintains a positive and motivated attitude when working with customers, fellow employees, vendors, and especially during high-stress situations.
• Shows respect for others.
• Leads front of house team to achieve outstanding product preparation, speed of service, product knowledge and ensures that a safe product is served in a safe environment at all times.
• Assists with Catering production and ensures all orders are prepared to standard and on time.
• Develops and manages systems and processes to ensure a highly efficient operation – including but not limited to: opening procedures, closing procedures, mid-shift procedures, preparation and presentation procedures, and cleanliness and organization procedures.
• Works well in a collaborative environment and is proactive about finding ways to help team members. Follows directions as communicated.
• Capable of adapting to new directions as they change with business needs.
• Maintains a clean and well-sanitized workstation: Keeps floors, counters and equipment clean during and after the shift.
• Maintains a clean uniform during a shift by using extra precaution, avoiding soiled areas, and submitting for cleaning services.
• Arrives to work on time for scheduled shifts, positive, prepared, and in full uniform.
• Brings a full understanding of the tasks required for the position and asks questions whenever there is uncertainty regarding a task.
• Accomplishes tasks efficiently.
• Able to complete tasks quicker as experience builds, proactively finding new tasks as other tasks are completed, operating with little management oversight.
• Goes above and beyond what is expected as an employee.
• Always practices complete customer service by immediately greeting and welcoming customers, constantly anticipating, and graciously assisting with customer needs, saying thank you, good-bye and inviting customers back.
• Works with Store Manager(s) to communicate customer requests/suggestions, new menu items, as well as new projects and procedures.
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, tastings, seminars, and other team events as needed.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: A basic English comprehension and speech requirement exists for all positions.
• Read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence.
• Present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required at time of hire.