Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are looking for a DTC Operations Lead to join our Guest Services team to provide leadership responsibility for inspiring the team to deliver exceptional visitor experiences and build brand ambassadors. Overall purpose of this position includes responsibility for leading wine shop operations and supporting daily hospitality activities that drive sales results.
What you will do -
• Keep informed on daily happenings regarding the Tasting Room and help keep the Guest Services Team up to speed on changes, events, promotions, etc.
• Support proper execution of all aspects of Curbside operations, including customer engagement experiences, opening/closing procedures, inventory management, and financial accountability.
• Ensure compliance with Class 12, Food Worker Permits, etc.
• Support DTC fulfillment, pick and pack operations, shipping, etc.
• Create and update digital and printed assets for Guest Services operations.
• Manage ordering of all supplies for Guest Services operations.
• Create positive guest experiences through ongoing staff support, training, and development.
• Provide support to Training Manager for onboarding new employees.
• Assist with POS operations and training
• Assist with monitoring inventory levels of wine shop products. Help to create sustainable business building programs.
• Ensure proper execution of all wine shop procedures, cash management and financial accountability.
• Provide a welcoming and enthusiastic atmosphere for all guests visiting the winery.
• Set clear direction during periods of high volume (ex: concerts).
What you will bring -
• Minimum two years of customer service and sales experience required.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• High school diploma required. Some college experience preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills that should include public speaking and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to train others and provide coaching on performance
• Strong experience with register/POS systems.
• Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office.
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have a high level of ability for detail organization, problem solving and personnel management.
• Able to delegate to others to get results.
• Able to adjust plan (s) without hesitation.
• Availability must include weekends.
• Must have a valid Food Handler's Permit and Class 12 Permit before 1st day of work.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Physical Requirements -
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to stand for extended periods of time.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.