At Folio, we don’t just seek employees with a proven track record of success in their chosen profession, we seek to have an organization filled with individuals whose Values and Character align with our Core Values. These values play a key role in the success of our organization.
The Pricing Manager plays a key role as a business partner, working closely with the Sales and Marketing Teams. This role is involved in all aspects of financial reporting and analyses associated with pricing, discounts, and cost of goods sold. The main objective is to help the Company to increase profitability by finding ways to improve our gross margin.
1. Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and implement pricing strategies that enhance profitability of the company. Provide monthly reporting and analyses to help in the business decision making (from transfer price to recommended shelf price).
2. Assist the Marketing and Sales teams in regularly forecasting and monitoring all Selling costs and Distribution allowances. Implementation of Pricing 2.0 to be considered.
3. Work closely with the sales team, the accounting team, and the marketing team to ensure the correct pricing is in the system for each state.
4. Oversee price change requests from the sales team by evaluating margin impact and potential incremental volume.
5. Communicate closely with distributors to assist and solve any pricing issues.
6. Prepare analysis for management on the profitability per States and channels, as well as at the SKU and brand levels to optimize the company’s portfolio.
7. Analyze performance results of pricing activities.
8. Leverage Nielsen to monitor competitor pricing analysis, in coordination with the Sales & Marketing Analyst.
9. Develop recommendations on pricing programs to drive incremental sales and profit.
Cost and others:
10. Coordinate and prepare the computation of all imported cost of goods.
11. Analyze variances between actual and standard costs (imported and domestic).
12. Build monthly analyses, maintain accurate COGS data in the systems and recommend pricing adjustments to the management and operational teams.
13. Help in the monthly and year-end reconciliations, as needed.
14. Assist with ad-hoc analysis and special projects as needed
15. Make recommendations to improve or streamline processes.
16. Develop, maintain and document all SOP’s.
This is a full-time, exempt position and will report to Director of Finance
Education/Experience: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field • Strong understanding of the Wine Distribution three-tier system • Minimum 3 years’ experience in pricing or sales finance in the Wine Industry, preferably at Wholesaler’s or Importer’s level • Strong Excel skills required. Microsoft Dynamics Navision, PowerPoint, Business Central, Nielsen, Targit software experience a plus. • Ability to build and maintain accurate, well organized and formula-driven financial models • Ability to manipulate large data sets to extract trends and insights. • Can clearly articulate business issues and translate them into financial models and price build-ups.
Skills: solid analytical and communication skills – interacts equally well with experienced senior leaders and new associates in the organization. • Strong attention to detail, problem solving. • Can work in fast paced environment managing multiple projects and deadlines. • Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment. • Is intellectually curious and continuously challenges the status quo in search of a better way. • Hands-on style, detail orientation, organized, and strong work ethic.
Physical: Able to sit at a computer for a minimum of two-hour increments, up to 8 hours per day and type on a keyboard. Able to lift and carry 41 lbs. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Hybrid role; Open to Remote Candidates
Other: Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record and must have automobile liability insurance.
Folio has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccine policy for the safety of its employees, visitors and colleagues.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.