Constellation Brands is a leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits with operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. We offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities in sales, marketing, operations, production, finance and administration. As a part of the Constellation Brands team, employees are encouraged to improve their skills and performance throughout their careers through various professional and educational development programs. Constellation Brands provides a robust onboarding program in addition to ongoing training initiatives to help employees integrate into the organization quickly and maximize their growth potential.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering who can join the growing product team at Constellation Brands. The director will focus on new product development as well as enhance the existing product functionality in the Sales Enablement space. This includes the following product areas, but is not limited to:
* Sales Execution
* Sales Collaboration
* Sales Training
* Sales and Commercial Planning
The director will work with the various product managers and user experience leads to design and develop compelling products in the Sales Enablement space. They will be given opportunities to design and deliver technology solutions across the entire stack on web, mobile and other platforms.
* Participate in product planning sessions with product managers, product analysts, user experience leads and engineers to analyze business/technology requirements and outline the proposed technology solution.
* Work closely with other leads, architects and implementation partners/vendors including onshore, near shore and offshore to ensure software designs and solutions deliver the intended business value.
* Lead estimating activities and design reviews so that solution and architecture of the projects is aligned with longer term strategy and standards.
* Develop and own standards, design recommendations, patterns, best practices for reuse and acceleration.
* Produce high quality code that satisfies both the business functional requirements as well as the non-functional requirements.
* Own and improve the Continous Integration/Continous Development (CI/CD) processes and procedures to ensure software quality and faster delivery.
* Responsible for coaching/mentoring direct reports, onboarding new resources and providing career development planning and opportunities.
* Delegate responsibilities, empower employees to perform their objectives and goals and provide regular feedback.
* Create and test prototypes as well as keep up with new technology in the industry that brings innovation to solve business problems.
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve application issues and code defects by collaborating with internal and cross team members.
* Understand and execute release management and change management processes for changes to business applications.
* Adapt to a constant and rapidly changing environment.
* Responsible for attracting and hiring job candidates for open positions.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience writing code in one or more object oriented languages (Java, C++, C#, Python, etc.).
* Experience working with cloud platforms (Salesforce, Heroku, Git Hub, MuleSoft, Kafka, etc.).
* Experience using modern-day DevOps practices, utilizing CI/CD pipelines.
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle in a Scrum environment and experience working in a Scrum team with rapid iterations of products
* Demonstrate the ability to be comfortable determining how to apply, design and manage software solutions, accurately estimate, scope development tasks and identify if a solution is viable.
* Demonstrate the ability to lead people and initiatives.
* Solid written and verbal communication; strong interest and ability to collaborate with team members and business stakeholders.
* Experience leading teams of engineers.
Virtual - US
Chicago Office, Rochester, New York, San Francisco Office
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).