Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Seasonal Accounting Specialist to join our team in Paterson, WA. This is a temporary, seasonal role will work closely with winemaking, supply chain, bottling, cellar, warehousing, finance, accounting, etc. to ensure accurate and timely accounting of all products, including annual harvest. The successful candidate will also support and maintain cost accounting systems and processes for all locations as well as be responsible for capturing, calculating, and summarizing all product cost standards in accordance with GAAP and SMWE policies and approved costing methodologies.
What you will do:
• Review harvest tickets for accuracy and completeness
• Assist in the preparation of and closing of work orders
• Assist in putting together costing packets
• Filing, scanning, and other routine office duties, as assigned
• Communicates effectively under pressure with other departments
• Ensure documents are in compliance with approved Accounting procedures
• Assist operations and winemaking with the annual physical inventory counts, as needed
What you will bring:
• Associates or Bachelor degree in Accounting
• Intermediate Excel user, proficiency with other pc applications
• General knowledge of accounting principles
• Basic knowledge of wine industry, preferred
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
• You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
• You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our 401k programs, and incentive compensation programs and relocation assistance packages for select roles.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.