Scheid Family Wines has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team in Salinas, CA.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state-of-the-art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market a portfolio of global brands, including Ryder Estate, District 7, VDR, and Sunny with a Chance of Flowers, plus other regional and national private label brands.
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Senior Business Analyst (SBA) is to support the growth of the company brands by providing best-in-class information and insights in the areas of sales analysis, demand planning, pricing strategies, inventory analysis and forecasting. The SBA will report directly to the Director of Business Analytics (DBA), and will work closely with Sales, Wine Making, Production, and Finance departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Analysis, Forecasting & Reporting
• Provide sales analysis by preparing industry, category, market, distributor, retailer and brand performance information, utilizing internal and external data sources
• Develop and maintain standardized reports and tools with key Sales stakeholders that will promote consistent messaging to distributors across all markets while also permitting Sales to customize for their specific audience
• Maintain, manage and evolve the current reporting structure within multiple reporting tools, including VIP, IRI, Internal Sales reporting software (Targit), and Excel
• Work with internal and external Business Intelligence (BI) resources to provide the best available analytics to Executive, Sales, Financial and Production teams
• Work with the Sales division to maintain, model and improve the global pricing database to ensure its accuracy, relevance, reliability and availability to all stakeholders
• Assist Sales division by verifying pricing deal levels are in alignment with brand guidelines, financial objectives and local business practices
• Evaluate the financial impact of strategic pricing changes
• Model new brands/products in alignment with Marketing strategies to assess financial projections
• Supports the Sales team in the annual planning cycle to help achieve financial goals and objectives by integrating volume, revenue, price support, COGS and promotional spend in efficient templates broken out at the appropriate geographical (i.e. region, state, distributor) and portfolio (i.e. brand, tier, SKU) levels
Master Data Management
• The candidate must have experience working with databases and large data sets and possess an understanding of data governance best practices. Master data management is crucial to our reporting structure and will be a focus of the individual in this role
Innovation and Best Practices
• Actively contribute to a culture of innovation at Scheid Family Wines by seeking out new sources, processes and technology to advance our analytical capabilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting, preferred
• MBA, preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the wine industry in accounting or financial management, including sales analytics, forecasting, pricing and planning
• Familiarity with the three-tier distribution network, and shipment, depletion and scan data reporting and analysis
• Expert computer skills are required, with ability to report and analyze multi-dimensional data and complex information. Must exhibit excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Familiarity with Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Targit Business Intelligence reporting preferred. Other ERP and BI tools accepted
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.