As part of the larger Calistoga Depot, the Le Clos retail store will occupy one of the historic train cars. Matching old world with new, Le Clos will feature luxury products such as skin care, perfumes, and jewelry, attracting customers from the Calistoga area. The Retail Supervisor for Le Clos at the Calistoga Depot is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day store operations, sales, creative marketing, and guest service. Ensuring Le Clos exceeds experience expectations will be paramount for the Retail Supervisor as they train staff, establish processes, and other standards for excellence.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge about the products offered by Le Clos, keeping a pulse and foresight on guest preferences for future offerings.
• Become a knowledge source for all staff supporting operations of Le Clos.
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales, processing returns, and discounts.
• Provide general tourist information and, in some cases, more concierge-type service to ensure guests make the most of their time visiting the larger Calistoga Depot property.
• Represent Boisset Collection, the Calistoga Depot and Le Clos at outside functions or special events as needed.
• Provide leadership to others through the assignment of work, review of progress, and monitoring of results and instruction.
• Responsible for guiding the team toward its goals, seeing that all members of the team are productive, and resolving problems as they arise.
• Own inventory management and assist properly with maintaining adequate inventory of retail items.
• Review timecards daily and update as needed; approve bi-weekly timecards at end of each pay period by the deadline, using an online time clock system.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize, and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and basic database activity.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods are required in an un-heated indoor setting (wine cellar) with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.