At Clos Du Val, our story is rich in history. It is also a living story that is still being written today. Great wineries do more than just endure—they learn, refine, evolve, and perfect.
As deeply rooted members of the Napa Valley wine community, our team takes remarkable pride in being the stewards of this iconic winery. As its stewards, we see it as our duty to build on Clos Du Val’s rich legacy. Our goal is not simply to leave Clos Du Val better than we found it; it is to make it better than it has ever been.
Clos Du Val is currently looking for a full time Senior Accountant to join our team. We are excited to offer this opportunity as a hybrid or remote opportunity for the right candidate.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing day to day accounting functions of Clos Du Val by following, improving upon, and developing new accounting tasks to maintain accurate and timely accounting books and records. They are responsible for ensuring the integrity and reliability of General Ledger Balances. The candidate needs to be organized and very detail oriented. Accuracy is an essential element of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the General Accounting function including:
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Including the posting of all necessary general ledger entries.
• Coordinate with other members of the accounting team to track and maintain accurate subledger and general ledger balances.
• Review expenditures and GL entries for accurate cost center and account postings.
• Post and prepare departmental accounting data, identify, and correct errors, identify and compute monthly accruals, apply accounting principles to transactions and recommends revisions in departmental accounting procedures to ensure conformance with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Support wine costing process by maintaining bulk wine schedules and finished goods SKU costing.
• Maintain the fixed asset inventory and depreciation systems on BNA
• Complete all reconciliations of the Balance Sheet including Bank Reconciliations.
• Interprets accounting information, analyzes reports and recommends actions to be taken
• Work with VP Finance to develop and enhances internal procedures to ensure processes are efficient and effective
• Assist with timely governmental filing of property tax, TTB, sales tax and other compliance filings.
• Assist with annual independent review including working with the auditors to provide them the necessary information required.
• Consistently analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes.
• Additional responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
• Associate Degree, BA/BS Degree in accounting, or requisite accounting experience
• CPA or MBA is a plus but is not required.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS:
• 4+ years of equivalent on-the-job experience working in the wine industry or for a manufacturing company
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and in close working conditions with employees
• Ability to meet required deadlines, multitask, and at times manage high levels of stress
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and very organized
• Must be able to lift 40lbs.
• Knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central is a plus, but not required
• Innovative thinker, resourceful learner, able to find solutions in fast-moving industry
• Ability to read and interpret reports. Ability to read, evaluate, and understand data to write reports. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer proficiency in Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Enterprise level ERP Systems (i.e. Business Central, Navision, NetSuite) Strong organizational and analytical skills.