TASTING ROOM & HOSPITALITY MANAGER
Neely is an estate vineyard and winery in the northern reach of the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA. We produce highly-acclaimed, terroir-driven, block-designated wines with an annual production of 1500-2500 cases. This summer we open an on-site Tasting Room at our spectacular, modern ‘barn’ overlooking vineyards and mountains beyond.
We seek an experienced and motivated Tasting Room & Hospitality Manager with passion for: sales, hospitality, service, wine, story-telling, sustainability, and agriculture. The Tasting Room will host up to 312 visitors per week and be open up to six days a week (closed Sundays). Offerings will include small group-tastings, intimate gatherings and celebrations, Wine Club events, and guided walking tours of the vineyard and to the winery.
We are located in the town of Portola Valley. We inhabit an edge and enjoy its dynamism—in the heart of Silicon Valley and the tranquility and beauty of the countryside. The 16 acres we farm organically are one important element of the 200 acre estate. In tandem with a transition to regenerative agriculture, care for the broader landbase is an essential part of the story we will share.
This is a singular opportunity for creative initiative in opening a place-based Tasting Room of superb quality and connectivity. Please visit neelywine.com to get a sense of our team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Be a part of the founding hospitality team: envision and execute an intimate and unique guest experience at the tasting room, vineyards, winery, and estate.
• Facilitate a world class wine experience for Tasting Room guests. Host and educate guests about the wines and story (place, history, wine-making, farming, etc)
• Prepare and execute high-level Wine Club events.
• Represent Neely professionally and enthusiastically. Build relationships and community.
• Coordinate and manage wine and food service.
• Train and manage tasting room and hospitality staff.
• Sell wine and grow Wine Club membership.
• Identify and implement new software systems (reservation, POS, CRM) to enable rapid customer growth, satisfaction, and loyalty.
• Update Wine Club member information. Communicate with members.
• Work with Digital Manager to craft and coordinate activity and promotions.
• Contribute to social media content.
• Oversee program to ensure Tasting Room is clean, beautiful, and functional every day.
• Conduct inventory and order supplies for hospitality services.
• Possess strong creative initiative and organizational skills
• Ability to manage a staff of 5
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Hospitality, sales, or wine industry experience
• Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs, and be on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to execute key functions of our computer systems proficiently
• Ability to multitask without sacrificing exceptional customer service
• Commitment to excellence, high standards and strong work ethic
• Ability to work as part of a team in order to execute tasks and meet goals/objectives
• Adherence to county and state mandates
• Full-time salaried position, job requires some weekend availability
Tasting Room Hours:
• Monday-Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm, Friday and Saturday noon to 5 pm, adjusted seasonally
• Definitely closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s
• Competitive salary
• Commission / Bonus structure
• Excellent medical and dental benefits
• Generous PTO package effective immediately
• Retirement plan
• Moving allowance (if relocating)
• Wine allocations and discounts
• Community Garden Plot
Neely Wine is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Neely Wine is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.