Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for an Equipment Operator - Licensed for chemicals and agriculture to join our team in Sunnyside, Washington at Cold Creek Vineyard. This position is a member of the United Farm Workers.
• Mix, load and apply chemicals. Install and remove pesticide signs as needed.
• Monitor all weather conditions and ensure that supervisory/managerial staff informed of same.
• Complete understanding of all MSDS, chemical label criteria, and state and federal laws surrounding use and application of product.
• Monitor all ground speeds, pressure settings, flow rates and spray patterns. Unplug nozzles and filters as needed.
• Operate all equipment noted on Equipment List.
• Perform daily servicing, minor maintenance, wash down and safety inspections of assigned equipment.
• May perform Grade II cultural operations when equipment operation is not required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Varying temperatures (cold/hot/ rain, etc.)
• Uneven terrain
• Occasional long term standing or walking on uneven ground during work shift.
• Bending, kneeling, and twisting throughout duration of shift.
• Repetitive wrist movement encompassing squeezing, rotating, and bending.
• Arm movement encompasses extension, raising, and bending.
• Occasional lifting, up-to 50 lbs. Required
• Must pass respirator fit test.
• Stepping in and out, on and off of tractors.
• Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
• Must hold valid private applicator's license
• Able to work weekends or nights.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
• You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
• You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.