As you reflect on your career and 2022, does a new challenge intrigue you for your new year in 2023? Something that offers growth and exposure to new learning!? Explore the realm of new opportunities and consider being part of a small team making iconic and ultra-luxury wines! As the Facilities Manager at Realm Cellars, you become an integral part of a dedicated group of people committed to excellence in winemaking.
The Facilities Manager manages the facilities at our two wineries and performs a wide variety of maintenance duties across Realm properties and vineyards.Duties range from tactical hands-on repairs and troubleshooting to strategic maintenance management, use of a CMMS, and reporting to the business. This role will be a self-starter capable of working alone and in a team, have a can-do attitude, be willing to dare greatly, be resilient and understand that quality is everything. Performs a wide variety of maintenance duties to ensure that all Realm facilities are being properly maintained and meet our high standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs a wide variety of maintenance duties to ensure that all Realm facilities are being properly maintained and meet our high standards. Duties range from tactical hands-on repairs and troubleshooting to strategic maintenance management, use of a CMMS, and reporting to the business.
• Winery buildings, wine storage areas and caves.
• Offices, residences, agricultural and hospitality spaces.
• Entry gate(s), roads, site fencing and overall estate drainage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Encourages teammates to behave safely and solves problems with the team.
• Maintains a clean and orderly workspace and environment at all facilities.
• Participates on the emergency response team.
Hands on maintenance duties:
• Takes ownership to maintain the appearance, cleanliness and functionality of the entire property and all winery systems. Maintains a strong attention to detail.
• Performs repairs and maintenance on structures and winery equipment.
• Heavy equipment operation such as excavators, skid-steer, water truck and loader are highly desired.
Maintenance Management duties:
• Sets clear expectations and standards of accountability. Provides regular feedback on performance. and takes advantage of teaching opportunities as they present themselves.
• Procures materials, tools, equipment, and information to ensure tasks are efficiently completed.
• Qualifies and schedules venders, contractors, and consultants to perform a wide variety of services.
• Follows-up with venders, contractors, and consultants to ensure we are receiving service in the agreed upon timeframes and at the agreed prices. Communicates schedule and cost variances.
• Manages a vender scorecard and gives feedback. Rewards strong partners.
• Manages the CMMS system. Creates and monitors work orders and preventative maintenance tasks.
• Delivers weekly work order reports. Sets priorities and gains consensus on expected outcomes.
• Reports on facilities metrics weekly and monthly.
• Provides support to the cellar team, vineyard team, and sales/marketing team to ensure seamless operation of all parts of the business.
• Supports CRE in development of budgets and long-term real estate capital plans.
• 10 years facilities maintenance experience. 5 years in a management role.
• Excellent oral and written communication ability and ability to interface with coworkers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and communication platforms like Slack.
• Fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking) with Spanish proficiency preferred.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Extremely strong attention to detail.
• Ability to solve problems and set priorities.
• Ability to work extended shifts and irregular hours.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by company standards. Class A preferred.
• Must be able to travel between three sites and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 60 lbs., while performing job duties.
• Wrist, hand, and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials.
• Able to wear all required personal protective equipment safely and effectively.
• Capable of safely and effectively operating a forklift. Forklift certified preferred.
• Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. Must be able to work in a variety of temperature, humidity levels, and weather conditions.
• May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise, and temperature extremes.
• Competitive salary, contingent upon experience
• Generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K plan and more
If this opportunity calls to you, please apply here on winejobs.com to be considered! Your resume will be reviewed and vetted by Realm's recruiter partner. Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response given this busy hiring period.