Rutherford Ranch is seeking an experienced DtoC manager to join our team and build the program in one of the most desirable locations in all of Napa Valley; Rutherford.
Hands-on manager of the Direct to Consumer channel for the Rutherford Wine Company including Retail Tasting Room, Wine Club, Telemarketing, Trade visitation and Special Events. Provide long and short term planning for departmental and Company goals. Provide detailed and meaningful guidance based in past successful experiences, data analysis, and current industry trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Retail and Tasting Room:
• Builds staffing to accommodate 7 days per week operations.
• Directs the Tasting Room staff to ensure the development and execution of company policies and procedures.
• Develops an outreach program to optimize the quality and quantity of visitation traffic.
• Develop programs to ensure the highest possible level of the winery guest experience.
• Provide budgetary guidance, monitoring and reporting to ensure profitability targets.
• Monitor Compliance issues with, local, State and Federal agency that may affect the DTC business.
• Develop long term plan for brand priority and brand building.
• Manage cycle counts to achieve 98% accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
• Develop inventory par level for DTC wine, non-wine, and merchandise to avoid out of stock issues.
• Builds Wine Club staffing team.
• Develops plans to increase club membership and improve membership retention.
• Coordinates the club shipment wine forecasts and inventories.
• Provide Wine Club budgets, promotion ideas, and profitability targets.
• Provide regular reporting of Wine Club activities that capture successes and opportunities.
• Develop and manage a Telemarketing strategy to meet sales and profitability metrics.
• Manage existing staff to accommodate or build team if appropriate.
• Ensure adherence to Telemarketing plan for pricing, profitability, and staff commission metrics.
• Develop a calendar of promotions.
• Develop a calendar, forecast, and profitability of eComm. campaigns.
• Use shared staff resources to develop and execute outreach to support scheduled campaigns.
Special Events and Group Sales:
• Develop an outreach plan, calendar of events, and forecast for special events.
• Establish budget and profitability models for scheduled events.
• Provide financial evaluation of events to ensure profitability.
• Manage event staff and rental company relationships.
• Management of third-party shipping relationships for best pricing and service.
• Monitor and report on shipping issues and returns.
• Ensure that ship compliance is managed communicated to the shipping and warehouse staff.