Responsible for establishing and delivering the company's annual goals in the designated market by working with and through our distributor partners, both national and regional.
• Build the annual market plan to deliver annual depletion and distribution goals for the portfolio.
• Monitor and evaluate distributors performance against market goals.
• Formulate market plans by account. Allocate resources to key retailers in the market.
• Work closely with distributor salespeople and management to execute programs efficiently and effectively.
• Educate distributor sales personnel on the portfolio of wines and the brand standards we expect.
• Use market data to identify market opportunities, share this with the sales and management team.
• Hold monthly business conversations with the distributor management teams.
• Monitor competitor activities in the market.
• Identify, consider and participate in Long Island, Manhattan and New York Metro area events with a goal to increase sales and grow overall brand awareness.
Expanding Markets in other States
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Energetic self-starter who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others
• Works cooperatively as a member of a team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Degree in business, marketing or management; OR equivalent years working experience in related area in lieu of degree required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to develop customer / distributor strategies, while meeting needs.
• Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking, and project management skills required, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities essential.
• Knowledge of wine, wine terms, and growing techniques not required but helpful. Passion for wine and the ability to continuously learn new wines and brands and represent effectively to customers required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must be a person of high integrity and commitment and possess a strong work ethic.
• Significant travel within assigned territory required.
• Valid driver's license required
• Must be able to lift a case of wine (approximately 45 pounds)
• Wine / alcohol beverage industry experience highly desirable but not required
Working Relation with Empire Merchants and Empire Merchants North a plus