Price Family Vineyards & Estates is a collection of some of the most highly acclaimed wineries and vineyards in Sonoma County including Gary Farrell Wines, Head High Wines, Three Sticks Wines, Durell Vineyard and Gap’s Crown Vineyard. We are currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our amazing team.
We are a dynamic organization, passionate about what we do. We believe in a ‘whole team’ mentality, with a culture where team members support each other and work together to create a company culture that can’t be beat in the wine industry. YOU WANT TO WORK HERE! Come join our amazing team!
• VERY competitive compensation
• Flexible Schedule - Hybrid/Remote opportunities
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Program
• Simple IRA with 3% company match
• Paid Time Off + Paid Sick Time
• Wine Discounts
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Director of Human Resources and provides global HR administrative support. This position requires solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities including benefits administration, payroll processing, employment and labor compliance, performance reviews, and overseeing Company policies and procedures. The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail oriented, flexible, enjoys the challenges of working in small office environments and brings a friendly and enthusiastic attitude to the position. This is a full-time position with flexibility of some remote work. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with administrative duties related to all aspects of Human Resources
• Create, file, maintain, and audit personnel files
• Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
• Assist with the recruitment process, including posting jobs, scheduling interviews, etc.
• Prepare new hire onboarding packages/paperwork/technology setup
• Assist with terminated employee administration (including canceling benefits, COBRA, etc.)
• Assist with benefit administration and serve as point of contact for benefit vendors
• IRA/Retirement plan administration
• Employee Handbook updates
• Assist with annual staff performance review process
• Assist with Covid-19 Health and Safety compliance
• Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries, ad hoc requests and concerns regarding HR, payroll, benefits, etc.
• Support Director of Human Resources with various projects as needed (including events)
• Manage Information Technology consultants, vendors, and systems/Phone – point person for all IT requests, issues, vendor management, etc.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local posting requirements.
• Travel to winery offices, event locations, etc. for deliveries and as needed
• Perform other duties and assist with additional projects as assigned by Director of HR
• Interact well with staff (at all levels)
• Process semimonthly payroll - Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to
ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, commissions,
bonuses, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
• Review and confirm online time sheets, wage computations and other information to reconcile
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations,
changes to pay rates and benefit elections
• Manage IRA contributions
• Keep payroll records updated by entering changes to employee information including but not
limited to benefits, job title changes, exemptions, and deductions
• Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll and benefits transactions including
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
• Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
• Collaborate with HR, accounting department staff and departmental payroll timesheet
• Troubleshoot timekeeping access issues
• Answer employees’ payroll questions
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of bi-monthly payrolls and special payrolls.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resources Management preferred)
• Minimum 2+ years related Human Resources management experience
• Experience with payroll/payroll software systems (Paylocity a plus)
• Experience in wine industry a plus
• Expert proficiency with Outlook and Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solution focused – able to resolve problems easily and quickly
• A highly approachable, gregarious, warm, and friendly personality
• Proactive and resourceful
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high level of discretion and grace
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to multi-task and make quick and effective decisions while remaining flexible
• Ability to accurately follow instructions
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by the Director of Human Resources.