Erath Winery is one of the pioneering wineries within the esteemed Willamette Valley, Oregon. Dating back to 1968, Erath has been specializing in Pinot Noir from various sites around Oregon. Our approach has been to provide consistent wines while recognizing the unique qualities that our land and nature provide for us each season. We continue to hold these traditions in our Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Rose, and Pinot Noir wines.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified candidate for Harvest Enologist Technician (seasonal full time position)to join our team for the 2022 harvest (typically late August through November) at Erath Winery in Dundee, Oregon.
What you will do:
• Assist Winemaking in fruit receival; sampling of trucks, tanks, and barrels; additions and calculations; and other harvest work as needed.
• Responsible for tracking harvest data and lab analyses daily into various spreadsheets.
• Assist operations during bottling periods including QC checks, tracking and reporting, and other operational duties as needed.
• Maintain a positive attitude, energy, and good communication throughout harvest.
• A significant amount of overtime is required during heavy production periods and some shift work may be required.
• Able to work as part of a team and independently.
• Able to work on concrete floors all shift.
What you will bring:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Diligent and accurate record-keeping.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Physical requirements of the role:
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand English and follow work instructions.
• Ability to work extended hours; such as up to 12-hour shifts, 6 days a week during peak harvest; which may include some nights.
• Ability to walk and or stand on concrete for long periods of time - up to a full shift.
• Ability to twist, stand, squat, kneel, bend at waist, push, pull, drag, and climb stairs repeatedly
• Ability to work in a varying temperature climate (i.e, between 55 and 80 degrees) indoors and outdoors.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and tackle problems.
• You value inclusion and work to build an environment where everyone feels encouraged and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new insights.
• You make an impact by being ambitious and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership skills of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer a competitive base salary.
Erath Winery is part of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, we are an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.