Lead Estate Concierge
Trefethen Family Vineyards is looking to fill a customer-facing position on our enthusiastic hospitality team. We are a family-owned estate vineyard and winery in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. For over 50 years, we have been crafting world-class wines with our own estate grown grapes. Our historic winery, originally built in 1886 and surrounded by our vineyards, is the centerpiece of our estate and the focal point for the many visitors we receive each year.
Often the first and last person our guests see during their visit, our Estate Concierges play a critical role in delivering a warm and welcoming experience. Under the direction of the Assistant Hospitality Manager, the Lead Estate Concierge is responsible for leading and supporting the day-to-day operations of our Estate Concierge team. Key duties include assisting with the opening and closing of the Visitor Center, managing guest flow, processing and fulfilling wine orders, handling incoming phone calls and emails, scheduling future reservations, and enforcing company policies and procedures set forth by management.
• Oversee Estate Concierge staff in Visitor Center and Villa; ensure gracious hospitality and service is provided to all internal and external customers in accordance with company standards
• Coordinate Estate Concierge team schedule
• Complete opening and closing procedures, including daily cash accounting
• Greet all guests to the estate with warmth and enthusiasm
• Work closely with Wine Educators and Supervisors to ensure smooth guest flow
• Share the Trefethen story with guests, and occasionally pour wines
• Process in-person sales orders and pull wines for fulfillment
• Answer incoming phone calls and emails, and schedule reservations for future visits
• Monitor and facilitate merchandising in the Visitor Center, ensuring that wine and non-wine displays are effective, neat, and attractive.
• Participate in occasional winery related special events both on and off-site
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience in customer service in the wine industry; supervisory experience required
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team through daily operations, training, and implementation of policies and procedures
• Effective, courteous, and positive communication amongst internal and external guests
• Enjoy working in a team environment and supporting other employees as needed
• Proficient computer skills, including email, customer databases, Google, Word, and Excel
• Experience with winery POS systems, ShipCompliant and CellarPass preferred
• Ability to handle frequently changing priorities with enthusiasm and a calm demeanor
• Knowledge of wine and a passion to continue learning
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to address challenges in a calm and collaborative manner
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings
• A positive attitude, a strong work ethic and a desire to have fun!
Work is performed within a general office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This is a front desk in-person role with frequent standing, walking, and lifting.
• Operate a desktop computer using keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision.
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 46 pounds.
• Occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, or climb stairs
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: https://trefethen.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk02xcq?cjb_hash=O_VpHl18&apply_now=true