The Event Manager role is responsible fo the p roject management, coordination, logistics, communication and all other aspects of Huneeus events. This position designs and executes all company events. These events include, but are not limited to, trade events that bring together our leadership team, distributor partners, customers, sales and marketing team, and other key members of the wine industry, as well as internal employee events, community partner events and other as appropriate.
This is a key role within the organization and requires agility, clear and compelling communications, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES.
• Work closely with Director of Trade Marketing to plan and execute wholesale-related events and VIP trade visits that are in line with brand standards and highlight the excellence of Huneeus Vintners.
• Collaborate across key stakeholders within the Company to plan and coordinate event agenda, budget, logistics and day-of execution. Ensures all stakeholders are consistently informed and aligned (Marketing, Visitor Center Hospitality, Wholesale Sales, Leadership Team).
• Collaborate with an onsite Visitor Center team across our estates (Quintessa, Faust, Flowers) that ensures that the production of all our events run smoothly and are professional in their execution from both an internal and external point of view, and in line with company goals, capabilities and financial goals/budgets.
• Manages relationships with vendors (catering, staff, rentals, catering, deliveries).
• Manages and maintains spend within the approved the budget.
• Responsible for scheduling and leading all event meetings with the necessary stakeholders.
• Responsible for follow-up, continued communication and deadline setting of all parts of the events.
• Works closely with internal departments and stakeholders for internal company events.
• Oversees smooth progress of events by being present on the day of the event.
• Conducts post event meetings to review execution, learnings, etc.
• Key Trade Events include, but are but limited to:
• Annual Sales Summit - 4 day event with 30+ people across multiple properties
• Annual Distributor Incentive Trip - 3 day event with 70+ people across multiple properties
• Annual Distributor Leadership Trip - 3 day event with 40+ people across multiple properties
• Quarterly Sales Leadership Offsite - 2 day event with 10+ people
• Weekly VIP Trade Visits - 1-2 day events hosting groups of 2-10 key trade visitors
• Company employee events: annual picnic, holiday party, soccer tournament
• Direct event planning and execution experience of 3-5 years with demonstrated success in executing premium events.
• Proven ability working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously. An excellent collaborator, easy to work with, as well as being a self-sufficient, self-starter who takes the initiative to problem solve and get things done.
• A calm demeanor under pressure, and enough presence and leadership skills to command the respect of, and to have effective working relationships with the many different customers..
• Energetic self-starter who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others in a matrix environment.
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity.
• Resourceful, creative, hard-working, problem-solver, and solutions-oriented.
• Experience in working with thought leaders to develop experiences that inspire and provide impactful tailored experiences.
• Organized, fast-working but detail-orientated, with a passion to go the extra mile needed to provide great experiences for our team.
• Ability to travel for work engagements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Experience working with multiple contractors and vendors.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to lift and carry up to (40 Lbs)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to walk on flat and sloped terrain
Huneeus Vintners is a dynamic collection of premium wines/wineries. The portfolio includes Quintessa, Faust, Illumination; all produced in Napa Valley; Flowers Vineyard and Winery produced on the extreme Sonoma Coast. Most recently Leviathan, in Napa Valley and Benton-Lane located in the Oregon wine country joined our portfolio. We are singularly focused on producing the highest quality wines and promoting them through a committed distributor network to passionate restaurateurs and retailers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Huneeus Vintners LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Location: St. Helena, CA (94574)
Category: Sales & Marketing