About the Company:
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's largest wine companies. Through world-class winemaking and brand marketing, our business is focused on meeting evolving consumer interests across the globe and delivering sustainable growth to become the world's most celebrated wine company. TWE in Paso Robles is a large, state of the art facility, where we process fruit from our estate vineyards on the Central Coast and many other California appellations. We're able to process large production wines as well as small premium lots. Our laboratory is technologically advanced and equipped to support a large volume of samples.
Safely and efficiently perform cellar duties pertinent to the production of high quality wines. Continuously learn and improve on techniques to further the goal of TWE to become the most successful wine company in the world.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Create a safe and respectful work environment adhering to our behaviours of focus, engagement, building trust and collaborating to win.
* Work professionally and maturely when working under supervision or working independently.
* Learn and adhere to all Safety and Food Quality standards and practices.
* Perform all chemical handling and Cellar sanitation according to SOP's.
* Harvest duties are not limited to but generally include performing free-runs and tank dig outs
* Knowledge of wine additives and their safe use and handling.
* Perform tank additions according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Assist with inventories: including bulk wine tanks, chemicals, and barrels.
* Organize and maintain Cellar barrel inventory and maintenance
* Understand the basics of barrel work including work area setup, barrel verification, rack handling, and bung maintenance
* Responsible for cellar parts and equipment organization and cleanliness.
* Learn the location and capacity of all tanks, transfer lines, and how to use Ignition system
* Support Mobile Bottling Line as needed
* Miscellaneous duties including maintenance of parts, painting, and other special projects as assigned.
* Teach and assist in the development of the temporary employees.
* HS Diploma or equivalent desired.
* Basic math skills.
* Basic English, written and verbal.
* Overtime required, especially at harvest.
* Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to be a team player, an effective communicator, adaptive, self-directed and organized.
* You have a minimum on 1 year of winery cellar experience. You have demonstrated leadership capability. You are able to work Swing Shift.
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
* "TWEforME Day" - an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you
* Officed in the beautiful Napa Valley region
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together - that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you're ready to help us be the world's most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.