Organize and manage the activities of Cellar in concert with other winery functions to manufacture finished goods to meet the requirements of customer's orders for quality, quantity and delivery standards. Responsible for assuring quality and brand requirements are met for all wines and brands under his/her direction. Responsible for multiple varietals and brands.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and execute an innovative departmental budget that will strategically leverage diverse resources, prioritize and support real time operation and long-term productivity, quality and efficiency goals.
• Build strategic working relationships with peers in achieving and maintaining the accuracy and
consistent flow of information, execution of procedures, and performance of the operations.
• Interact with vendors to exploit technology, purchase equipment and services and resolve long term equipment, training and process issues.
• Coordinate new projects with R & D by directing inventory as needed
• Motivates managers and supervisory personnel to achieve department standards and goals.
• Communicates to the department regarding corporate and winery information.
• Identify, analyze and resolve issues affecting the performance of cellar.
• Proposes and executes improvements to winery processes and equipment as necessary.
• Ensures a safe working environment.
• Assures timely execution of production schedules.
• Work with Maintenance to insure equipment performance and reliability.
• Ensures training programs are established and executed to provide qualified cellar personnel.
• May establish and maintain procedures and guidelines for ISO 9001:2000.
• Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
• Responsible for crush planning and production
• Collaborate with peers to ensure quality of brands and wines
• Evaluate cellar and production for process improvement
• Track and maintain wine quality through finishing and storage
• Provide technical expertise in various processing areas
• Communicating effectively
• Building relationships & teamwork
• Customer/ consumer focus
• Initiative and results orientation
• Planning and organizing
• Role expertise
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Enology, Chemistry, or related field - desired
• 1 - 3 years of supervisory experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Practical knowledge of cellar operations
• Knowledge of Government Regulations- specifically TTB and state regulations on alcoholic beverage production, distribution, and packaging
• Good organizational, planning, and presentation skills
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
• Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
• Travel Required: 0 - 10%
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Viticulture & Winemaking
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).