Since 1992, Lewis Cellars has flourished from a small family winery into a continually growing world-class winemaking facility in Napa Valley. We take pride in our daily winemaking operations and the partnering relationships we have established to ensure we pursue our production goals. Sourcing the finest fruit from appellations spanning all of Napa Valley results in top-scoring, highly sought after wines each and every vintage.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and energetic Tasting Room Host to join the team! Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Tasting Room Host will oversee daily operations. This person is responsible for all guest relations and related planning and administration. The role owns and guides hospitality sales and service performance with a focus on meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations. Maintaining accurate systems, promotions, reporting, inventory stock levels and supplies is also essential to this role. This person must be willing and able to adjust to fluctuating schedules and customer expectations to provide the highest level guest experiences and ensure that Lewis Cellars is a best-in-class destination. In addition, collaboration with all Department Heads is crucial.
- Provide direction and leadership for the tasting room
- Participate as a serious revenue generating team member that helps meet or exceed monthly/annual sales targets
- Plan tasting room events (both public and private) and design guest experiences and service standards to maintain the brand's reputation of excellence
- Maximize guest visitation, repeat visits and member engagement
- Support the Lewis Brand as needed (conducting virtual tastings, cross training, leveraging shared learnings, etc.)
- Personally, conduct VIP visits or tastings as needed
- Work with service delivery, concierge and other teams to enhance, grow, or deliver touchpoints (pre-during-post visit)
- Monitor competitive offerings (sharing learnings with leadership)
- Develop new services to submit for approval of senior leadership
- Provide monthly progress reports to leadership
- When needed, assist with wine and supply deliveries, including loading, unloading, moving wine in cases and on pallets, driving delivery vehicles or moving supplies between locations.
- Work with the Logistics team to ensure that orders are processed and delivered
- Work with Accounting as required for order corrections or invoicing as well as constructing new SKU and merchandise requests for all Point of Sale Platforms (in conjunction with or absence of purchasing teams)
- Monitors and support marketing with all public listing sites (ensuing that reviews are responded to and) where listings should accurately reflect our service offerings and brand image
- Maintain quality and manage guest complaints ensuring service delivery is above the 98% departmental threshold
- Bachelors or equivalent experience and two (2) years of hospitality operations management, including past success directing a sales-focused team.
- Past responsibility in hospitality or customer service experience in presenting and selling luxury products is required. Experience in high-volume hotels, retail or restaurants is desired
- Knowledge / fluency with luxury wines and wine production required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs and POS systems
- Wine Educational Coursework is required, or must be willing to be completed within 3-6 months of hire. It is expected this position will pursue Advanced Sommelier Education (company sponsored)
- Alcohol and Food Handlers cards (ServeSafe, TIPS) must be obtained and kept current
- Proven success working with others but must be self-motivated and can work just as effectively alone or remotely when needed. Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels; ability to educate and serve as a mentor.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.