ABOUT HESS PERSSON ESTATES : Hess Persson Estates is recognized as one of the premier family-owned and family-led companies in the Napa Valley. Founded by Donald Hess in 1978, the second generation has brought new passion, dedication and perseverance to the business proudly continuing Donald’s legacy. Each of the family’s portfolio of brands – The Hess Collection and the Lions Head Collection —produce outstanding, highly acclaimed wines committed to sustainable farming and winemaking practices. We are also proud to be a winner of the 2020 North Bay Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work in the North Bay’.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Regional Manager is responsible for managing our product portfolio within his/her assigned territory. In essence this involves the Planning, Program setting, Performance evaluation and Course Correcting of distributor teams, a process we call PEECC. This role is responsible for the Southeast Region with the following states Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Preferred candidate location is Georgia and must have a can-do attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Undertake a rigorous bottoms-up Annual Operating Plan (AOP) with the distributor, defining Depletions and Points growth by channel for each distributor.
• Establish clear goals with the distributor for the achievement of our four portfolio programs each year. Goals should be set at the distributor team level.
• Track the progress to goal of each distributor team and give feedback on progress to team leaders in a timely fashion.
• Work with distributor teams to execute marketing programs, high spotting with key customers where appropriate.
• Ability to come up with new and out of the box and unique ideas which need to be original, and value added in brainstorming settings with our distributors or internal departments.
• Collaborate with distributor team leaders to course correct shortfalls to goal and implement course corrective plans. Must actively listen and show optimism and willingness to stretch for what is possible.
• Monitor and control distributor inventory and assist in placing purchase orders for shipments. Review monthly depletion reports to ensure accuracy.
• Have existing relationships with Key retailers and establish relationships with new key retailers, on premise accounts and chain personnel.
• Collaborate with Strategic Accounts and National Accounts On Premise to ensure excellent execution of customer programming across the Region.
• Train and develop distributor account executives, sales managers, and sales representatives to ensure they have a strong working knowledge of our product credentials (key selling points), quality accolades, pricing and merchandising standards and access to HFWE sales systems such as Box.
• Conduct sales meetings. Expose the brands to sales reps, buyers and consumers via wine tastings, wine dinners and trade shows.
• Lead sales blitzes, surveys, winemaker visits and other sales promotional activities within the region.
• Assist in preparing business reviews (quarterly), new item sales plans and strategies.
• Assist Division Manager in development of market budgets, as well as travel & expense budgets and monitor such budgets.
• Manage regional sales budgets, including pricing structures, incentives, T&E, and programs.
• Plan, review and discuss in advance weekly /monthly activities with Division Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Candidate must be able to travel at least 50-70% of the time.
• Preferred candidate would reside in Georgia.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) from a four-year college or university with at least four years’ experience in the industry, two of those years in wine/spirits supplier activities.
• Demonstrated experience designing, developing, and implementing market plans that achieved a sales increase.
• Current knowledge of the market, distributors, and buyers in that area.
• Demonstrated success in pricing and budget management.
• Demonstrated effective people and sales skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or be able to travel in a timely manner.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work with and manage distributor analysis programs along with willingness to learn Hess invoice processing and business systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to taste and smell, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Computer proficiency (PC) to include Internet & E-mail (use of attachments), Word, Excel (spreadsheets & formulas), Power point, etc.