Results Partners is a vineyard management company looking for technicians to assist with wine grape crop estimating, sampling, pest and disease scouting and general data collection during the summer growing season.
Hiking, but it’s your job! You get to enjoy the beautiful summer in vineyards scattered across the hillsides. Spend your days with your eyes on grapevine canopies, counting clusters, scouting for pests, and sampling tissue for nutrient analysis.
Results Partners welcomes individuals with a hunger for knowledge. Learning opportunities available to interns include guest lectures from our vineyard management team on subjects that may include soils, fungicide programs, the future of the wine industry and so much more! Our company also tries to hire full time employees from our pool of seasonal technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect yield data: number of shoots, number of clusters and cluster weights
• Monitor and record grapevine phenology stages and dates
• Collect leaf blades for nutritional analysis at veraison
• Determine replanting needs in young vineyards
• Assist in general vineyard operations as needed
• Pest and disease scouting
• Experience working outdoors
• Ability to work independently
• Must be able to work long days outside in variable weather conditions
• Communication skills; can communicate in English, Spanish speaking skills a plus
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Must be computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must have a good driving record, dependable transportation
• Must work long hours as required (up to 9 hr days, 6 days a week during our busy time)
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Must have a good sense of humor