Figgins Family Wine Estates (Leonetti Cellar, Figgins & Toil Oregon) is seeking enthusiastic, part time seasonal interns, to join our production staff for the 2022 harvest. Harvest Interns will have the opportunity to work in all aspects of winemaking, from primary processing to barrel filling. We are seeking team members that take initiative and are willing to perform cellar tasks needed for smooth operation of our facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels.
• Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit.
• Pump operation.
• Performing pump overs and punch downs.
• Transfer of wine and juice from tank to tank.
• Removing pomace from tanks and press.
• Barrel preparation, filling and emptying.
• Other cellar work as assigned.
All Interns will be trained on our polices for safety, sanitation, and work conduct.
• Work 8 to 12 hours per day or as required in a physically-demanding environment. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
Time Frame/Working Hours:
• This position begins late August 2022 and will complete in November 2022.
• Work will usually begin around 7:00 AM; though harvest conditions require flexibility, and can include partial shifts and weekends.
• $16.50/hr., with more possible depending on experience/qualifications. Subject to overtime as required.