Chandon was sparked into life in 1973 by the visionary spirit of Robert-Jean de Vogüé and California pioneer John Wright. As one of the first French-owned sparkling wine ventures in the U.S., Chandon carefully selected its vineyards and are now considered to be amongst the best for producing quality sparkling wines in California.
For over forty years now, Chandon continues to combine traditional French techniques and winemaking knowledge with the beautiful, sun-ripened fruit of California to craft sparkling wines of the highest quality.
Chandon’s winery, Domaine Chandon is located in Yountville and today Head Winemaker Pauline Lhote and her skilled team continue to innovate and provide a unique expression of the terroir, delighting senses with California brightness, vibrancy and intensity of flavors and aromas.
Do you love providing an unparalleled guest experience? Open up a world of possibilities & join us today!
• Ensure guests are properly greeted upon their arrival and confirm reservations.
• Provide upscale guest service experiences for guests throughout their visit.
• Answer the phone and make reservations, take and distribute messages or mail and redirect calls.
• Understand guest’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions.
• Perform wine service and tastings for all visitors in a brand-consistent manner.
• Provide accurate information/wine knowledge (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services).
• Taking orders from customers in assigned section or behind the bar.
• Drive sales and Club acquisitions by implementing strategic sales skills and adequately representing the history of Chandon.
• Answer guests’ questions about specific products/services.
• Answering questions about menu items, food sensitivities and food substitutions.
• Giving customers suggestions for food and drinks and telling them about any special menu items.
• Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately.
• Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies).
• Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information and attend to their wishes and requirements.
• Check in with customers and take additional orders or refill water, as needed.
• Communicating with customers to ensure satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
• Process customer payments, use of our POS system.
• Manage returns of wine and merchandise.
• Ensure that all wine shelves and displays are stocked to par levels.
• Removing dishes from tables to avoid clutter while customers are eating.
• Cleaning tables after customers have finished their meals.
• Acquire extensive knowledge of the premises and the nearby venues and businesses to make the most suitable recommendations.
• The ability to stand for extended periods.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Hospitality experience - specifically Food & Beverage.
• ServSafe certification
Training & Development
CHANDON California is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.