• Develops and effective marketing and sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine distribution within an established or growing customer base.
• Analyzes current markets identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Works in the market with sales consultants; provides suggestions and strategies to increase business.
• Analyze reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to identify potential growth areas, capture market share, identify trends, monitor depletions, and make recommendations to sales consultants or the VP/GM.
• Ensures sales consultants are completing, adhering and referring to all necessary educational programs, materials, and other sales training.
• Conducts tastings, attends dinners and participates in trade shows as necessary.
• Works, when necessary, with the accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory.
• Responsible for staffing, staff planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling expenditures.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicate hazards and/or suggest improvements to Manager.
• Acts as a backup for sales consultants in their absence.
• Other duties as assigned
Field sales, significant travel by automobile. Travel by airplane/train and overnight stays may be required.
Automobile, telephone, copier, computer (or tablet), fax machine, calculator
Lifting up to 45lbs, bending, sitting, carrying, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity, driving
• High School Diploma or GED; Additional education strongly preferred.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Five years of field sales/marketing experience in the fine wine industry.
• Three years of territory management, including personnel supervision.
• Must have proven, amiable, and active relationships with top customers throughout the local region.
• Computer literacy with a focus on MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated effective and efficient written and oral communication
• Excellent people skills, and management skills
• Needs excellent time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.