Novelty Hill - Januik Winery
Event Operations Coordinator
Reports to Director of Event Sales
Summary: The Event Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing events at the Winery to the highest standards. This includes managing the day-to-day operations of the Events Department, hiring/training and effectively managing a staff of 12+, and achieving guest satisfaction and labor goals. The ideal candidate is passionate about guest service and hospitality, can multi-task like nobody’s business, is equal parts party animal and drill instructor, and loves a good to-do list.
The ideal candidate is excited to restart event operations and is full of ideas on how to do so. They will be working closely with the Director of Event Sales to hire and train all-new service staff, create Covid-safe processes and procedures, help guide correct guest behavior, and much more.
Under the direction of the Director of Event Sales, the Event Operations Coordinator will assist with meeting overall revenue goals and marketing the Winery as a first-class event destination.
• Coordinate and execute all aspects of the room set-up, food and beverage service, break down and re-set for private events.
• Includes hands-on participation and often solely responsible for setting tables, chairs, and equipment during event prep.
• Role includes remaining onsite until conclusion of event and tear-down as needed.
• Act as liaison and knowledgeable, professional winery representative to event clients, guests, and vendors.
• Management of event staff and event leads, including hiring, scheduling, and direct supervision.
• Manage catering assets and ensure cleanliness, organization, and inventory of all catering assets.
• Attend weekly event briefing and monthly company-wide financial meetings when requested.
• Understanding of a Banquet Event Order with complete and competent follow-through.
• Large-scale furniture and buffet setup/breakdown.
• Fine dining service to include linen, flatware and glassware placement, sequence of service, and best practices.
• Ability to expedite large plated dinners.
• Must keep a broad vision of overall event needs to include set-up priorities, bussing tables, flipping, and clearing rooms when appropriate.
• Serve as manager on duty during private events, including handling guest questions or issues in a professional manner.
• Use judgement to solve problems and manage unforeseen circumstances without direct supervision.
• Ideal candidate will naturally deal with high stress situations in a calm, professional manner and remain flexible and resourceful when faced with uncertainty.
• At least two years of supervisory or leadership experience in catering or general event operations.
• At least one year of experience managing a team of direct reports.
• Full availability for daytime, evening, and weekend events year-round.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Two or four-year college degree preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and remain standing for 8+ hours.
• Wine knowledge is helpful but not required. Interest in learning about wine is!
• Valid Food Handler and MAST permits. (Can be obtained within 30 days of hire.)
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. Due to the large volume of applicants, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour