NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR – LE GRAND VERRE WINES
Blason Wines USA, the French-owned, Ventura CA-based wine group, has an immediate opening for National Sales Director to help drive and manage the US growth for its Le Grand Verre brand of unique, super-premium single-serve wines. The ideal candidate brings existing relationships, extensive management experience and a proven track record of building and growing a sales team in a fast-paced environment. The NSD will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with the executive team.
Drive company sales growth, through National Sales Management responsibilities
1. Expand the brand’s footprint with National and Regional On and Off-premise accounts
2. Manage and expand the brand’s sales in the Southeast Region
3. Lead the Sales Team of 3 Regional Managers (Midwest, Northeast and West)
Key Account Expansion
- Call on top National & Regional accounts within the Club, Grocery, Drug and Convenience channels
- Calling on top Strategic Account on-premise including Hotels chains, Athletic & Entertainment Venues, Airlines & Cruise lines, Clubs & Restaurant chains
- Prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and develop a tactical plan to drive volume across the country
Southeast Sales Management
- Identify, vet, appoint and manage distributors and key accounts in the Southeast (Texas, through the Carolinas into Florida), utilizing strong personal contacts and relationships.
- Manage distributor, and broker relationships through the establishment of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals and objectives for case volume, revenues, process, and account acquisition
- Be a collaborative player with Distributor partners in ensuring that sales strategies are implemented at the wholesale and retail levels.
- Be the brand champion to major accounts by making presentations directly: Support distributors with account introductions, events and in-market activities.
Sales Team Leadership
- Manage and motivate existing Regional Sales Managers (3) for optimal performance and results leveraging their strengths
- Direct the development of sales plans and unique marketing solutions in both National and Regional markets necessary to achieve brand growth and financial objectives
- Develop sales goals and strategies as it pertains to increasing sales volumes, new product, and market/client acquisition
- Create budgets and forecasts, manages expenses, responsible for wholesale case goods inventory and provides sales reports
o Ensure that overall budget schedules and sales performance standards are realistically set and attained
o Review goals and objectives regularly with leadership, to ensure alignment
- Development and management of distributor/broker sales incentive programs, depletion allowances, and market promotion programs.
- Determine brand merchandising standards and channel priorities
- Analyze market conditions and providing strategic insights into brands in relations to the competitive and category landscape
- Active participation in supplier planning meetings
- Implement and manage all pricing and programming plans
- Establish clear goals and objectives, including accountability for the sales team
- Specific requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and significant beverage-alcohol sales management experience (a minimum of 5 years) with increasing levels of responsibility for strategy, program development and implementation and strategic decision making
- Demonstrated success in the management of beverage-alcohol distributors and brokers throughout the United States with an understanding of and contacts in the key U.S. markets, especially Texas and the Southeast
- Strong base of wine industry relationships with distributors and key accounts.
- Represent the brand in the market, in a manner consistent with the brand’s values
- Flexibility, creativity and strong personal work ethics
- Strategic planning abilities and experience, with attention to financial budgeting and financial management
- The ability to hold people accountable in a positive manner, both internally and externally
- The ability to lead and teach by example
- Ability to work independently, strong attention to detail, organizing and managing multiple priorities
- A strong knowledge and passion for wine
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (up to 70%)
- Compassion, patience and a highly developed sense of humor are also necessary for success
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: National
Ideal Residence: Texas or Southeast
Start Date: Spring 2022
Position reports to: CEO
Compensation: Base salary, Bonus Structure & Benefits.
• Write a cover letter stating why you are qualified for this position.
• Include in the cover letter: what motivates you besides a paycheck, and what you look for in a company that you are part of.
• Resume or outline of relevant experience
• Professional references