Jackson Family WinesJob Description
POSITION TITLE:Skilled Forklift Operator
DEPT./LOCATION:5660 Skylane Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor/Foreman, this 4-day, 10-hour shift position will perform routine Warehouse and Offline Project duties in a production environment:
Essential Functions/Duties (not limited to):
• Operate Forklift - use of single doubles and clamps
• Operate machinery, such as, stretch wrapping, print and apply, and palletizing equipment
• Load bottling production lines depalletizers with empty glass
• Off load finished product from palletizers
• Load and unload finished product and/or packaging material in and out of trucks.
• Put away and stack case goods and materials.
• Operate Radio Frequency Scanners and computers systems
• Document necessary information for Work Orders, Bill of ladings and inventory control.
• Set-up and operate offline equipment and machinery.
• Inspect, identify, remove and/or replace packaging materials from product.
• Perform general duties on Mobile Bottling Line production runs, wine bottling or decanting projects.
• Hand pack and repack full case goods of wine into secondary packaging.
• Clean equipment and perform housekeeping duties as required.
• Perform other warehouse and special projects work as assigned.
• Adhere to quality standards.
• Perform general mathematical calculations
• Follow and observe all safety and facility rules and regulations.
• Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Foreman.
This position includes warehouse operations and production work in the Warehouse, Bottling floor, Offline Project and Mobile Bottling line areas. Late shifts, overtime and weekend work may also be required. Must be able to work longer than 10 hours per day as needed.
• Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Background/Experience:• Forklift experience required
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. preferred.
• Basic mathematical aptitude
• Must be reliable, detailed and production oriented.
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate to others, and the desire to develop skills to advance in the company.
• Two years warehouse or production experience preferred.