The Delivery Router's primary role is to efficiently route orders for next day delivery throughout local markets. This position will work a 4-day work week totaling 40 hours/week.
• Efficiently route orders for next day delivery to customers throughout local market.
• Maintain and control manifests associated with order deliveries and product returns.
• Maintain and control vehicle dispatch records.
• Review driver manifests and detail manifests to monitor service levels and compliance with department and company policies.
• Coordinate resolutions for delivery and/or pick up issues.
• Supervise and oversee check-in procedures to assure all returns/pickups correspond to manifests.
• Inspect and record condition of vehicles each evening.
• Schedule all required special delivery appointments.
• Maintain and develop communication levels with local sales reps and managers.
• Communicate with Night Operations Manager to ensure smooth transitions between day operations, routing and night shift loading of vehicles.
• Assist in scheduling redeliveries
• Assist in tracking all vehicles preparedness for route deliveries and help coordinate all night services.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager. 2
• Trains staff as needed on routing procedures.
• All other duties as assigned
Equipment/Machinery Used: Office equipment including computers, printers, telephone, fax machine, copier and scanner.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment with prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, occasional lifting up to 50lbs, repetitive motion with hands, bending, reaching, finger dexterity and visual acuity.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 3 years of routing or road experience.
• Good working knowledge of geographical areas in local market.
• Experience using delivery software programs.
• Experience using Roadnet routing system preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.