We are seeking a General Manager that has a true passion for people, food, and wine, and takes pride in their profession, while committed to making them into a hospitality leader and the premier entertainment venue. The General Manager functions as the primary strategic business leader of the brand with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales, and revenue generation while delivering a return on investment to both the company and property ownership.
The General Manager is responsible through its managers for overall management and oversight of daily event operations, restaurant service, winery operations, marketing and retail sales operations, including tasting room, wine club, direct to consumer sales and profitability of the entire Winery location.
This individual must exhibit unparalleled levels of hospitality, successfully build and lead strong teams, maintain the brand and identity, and strive to exceed standards of excellence in all areas of the business. This role is responsible for activating and executing brand initiatives through our teams, cultivating and instilling a positive company culture, and fostering successful interdepartmental collaboration to ultimately drive profitability for the business.
1. The General Manager position requires demonstrated success in running day to day operations of a restaurant, event venue, winery and wine club. Oversee and manage all aspects of multifaceted operations, and all associated internal departments. Establish goals and operational policy formation to anticipate and resolve problems in all aspects of the business.
2. Holds the property leadership team accountable for strategy execution and guides their individual professional development.
3. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
4. Drive business to profitability and continuously promote sales.
5. Work alongside the culinary team to maintain the most efficient operation of our kitchens and execution of our menus in a timely, presentable, and profitable manner.
1. Foster positive Company culture, build morale, and create an on-going positive work environment and maintain a productive and professional workforce.
2. Train, develop, and motivate management team members. Monitor management teams to ensure they are developing their direct reports.
3. Conduct staff meetings regularly to ensure effective and clear communication.
Sales – Marketing – Brand Development
1. All advertising and marketing development strategies will be developed and rolled out to increase brand recognition and increase customer service satisfaction. This includes client communications for events, bookings, reservations, and general venue usage.
2. Provide guidance on promotional materials, internal marketing collateral as well as budgetary approval for all marketing, in partnership with the Marketing Director.
1. Maintain, monitor, and strive to exceed P&L goals for general operations, food cost, labor cost, payroll, and all other business-related expenditures in conjunction with business forecasts and budgets.
2. Provide budgeting guidelines to all internal departments and monitor financial performance.
1. Reporting to the General Manager will be the Winery Operations Manager, Winemaker, Marketing Manager, Wine Club Manager, Sales Managers, Restaurant Services, Special Events Manager and HR & Accounting Manager.
2. Coordinate with Corporate legal and Third-Party Compliance Vendors to ensure the winery is in compliance with all licensing requirements and all State and Federal Liquor laws and that all applications, returns, and payments are timely filed and/or paid.
1. Minimum 10 years’ experience in multi-faceted, high-volume restaurant, venue and/or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Proven leadership skills and commitment to excellence.
3. Proven financial and business acumen; analytical skills, and ability to meet and exceed budgets including labor, food, applicable direct operating costs.
4. Unparalleled passion for hospitality, food, wine, and music.
5. Ability to successfully multitask, delegate, and manage several projects at once in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
6. Ability to respectfully mentor, train, develop, and hold teams accountable to expectations.
7. Functional working knowledge of the health department and all other related regulations.
8. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
9. worMust have proficient computer and technological skills.
10. You are a team player and jump in where needed regardless of position. Everyone does what needs to be done.
11. Able and willing to work flexible scheduling including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
12. Able to travel and attend business-related meetings and trips.