Jessup Cellars, a Napa Valley winery known for its handcrafted, small production wines and exceptional tasting experience, seeks an energetic individual to join our sales team.
We’re a unique and knowledgeable team that are dedicated to hospitality in the highest possible accord. We have created a fun learning environment that encourages our team to continually expand their knowledge of wine. We believe that wine education has a way of enhancing both professional and personal growth. Our team’s natural curiosity, and our genuine passion for wine, inspires our engagement with our guests and has led to our tasting room earning the title of Friendliest & Most Knowledgeable Staff four years in a row!
The successful candidate will have a burning passion for people, wine, and a keen understanding that delivering superior customer service is the key to success. The ideal candidate will be one with previous experience in the industry, although this is not a requirement. This future team member will be based in or near Napa and will report to the Director of Retail Sales and Operations.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Display a professional and courteous attitude
- Provide wine education
- Host and conduct tasting experiences
- Ensure responsible beverage service
- Facilitate Sales
- Set-up and breakdown for tastings and events
- Stock wine and supplies
- Count inventory of wines and merchandise
- Put together cheese plates
- Buff glassware
- Report directly to Director and/or Tasting Gallery Leads
• Passion for wine
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand on feet for long periods of time
• Must be organized and able to stay on top of high volume of transactions during peak periods
• Total commitment to quality customer service
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to manage relationships on the phone
• Ability to work weekends/ work evening hours
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Compensation is competitive based on experience.
• Performance-based incentives, commissions and tips.
• Health benefits Medical, dental, vision, etc.
Jessup Cellars is located in the heart of northern Yountville. Our superlative reputation and large database has created a huge demand and a successful candidate will have a great deal of opportunity to associate themselves with a team that has become incredibly popular in the town of Yountville. Our membership family is extensive and extremely loyal, our community partners hold us in high esteem, and we are constantly looking to improve, refine, and build on what makes our guest experience truly the best in the valley! We’re looking forward to the kind of candidate that can truly thrive in an environment that is dedicated to hospitality.
Please send resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org