Klinker Brick Winery – Midwest Regional Sales Manager
In the year 2000, Steve and Lori Felten produced their first vintage of Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel. Since then, Klinker Brick has become one of Lodi’s finest wineries, specializing in Zinfandel, Syrah and Cabernet. As a family run winery, Klinker Brick leverages over one hundred years of growing experience, managing some of the oldest vineyards in California to produce beautifully balanced wines.
The objective of the Regional Sales Manager is to expand brand coverage of Klinker Brick winery and to increase points of distribution in the Midwest specifically, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas Ohio and Wisconsin.
• Actively visit distributor markets, conduct sales meetings, meet with key management to ensure Klinker Brick is receiving a commensurate share of the distributor’s time and effort.
• Develops effective distributor objectives based on company sales plans, monitors and measures performance versus goals, communicates objectives and priorities to distributor partners, and implements appropriate corrective action to achieve goals.
• Evaluate distributor depletions and inventories to identify challenges and opportunities.
• Educates distributor and customer on products and merchandising priorities
• Present and sell Klinker Brick wines to accounts, working alone as well as collaborating with distributor sales personnel.
• Continually evaluate market conditions and competitive activity.
• Train and motivate managers and salespeople in distribution network.
• Forecast annual and monthly sales.
• Be an effective and eloquent ambassador for the winery at all levels of the customer (internal, distributor, trade and consumer).
• Promotes and sells all Klinker Brick brands to meet and/or exceed company sales quotas, while also identifying sources of new business opportunities.
• Conduct tastings and wine dinners in key restaurants, retail accounts plus trade and consumer tastings.
• Provide monthly reporting to VP Sales and other Executive personnel as required.
• A bachelors degree
• Strong wine knowledge and a passion for wine.
• Outgoing personality, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Identified relationships with key sommeliers, buyers and press.
• Known relationships with distributors in the region, especially Klinker Brick distributors.
• Ability to travel frequently with flexibility in schedule for work in the evenings and weekends as needed.
• Proficient knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle required with an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• This is a remote position that requires working out of a home office.
Please email resume and salary history along with a cover letter to KBwine2015@gmail.com. Phone calls to the Winery will not be accepted.
Only candidates with wine industry experience will be considered.